|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,358 Likes: 2 |
I would buy an 800 (or G series) Bluray like a flash (or rather, as soon as I could afford it). The only advantage from such a player would be multichannel hi-res digital output with vanishingly small jitter, but I would want it.
I fear that it could only be an 800 series player because recouping development costs would be tougher at G-series price levels. But maybe not.
Look at the Ayre DX-5. Even still using HDMI, it's been reviewed as the best-sounding Bluray player. With that limitation removed from the Oppo platform, an M version could sound even better. And for the Ayre's price of $10000 I'm sure they'd sell.
But there's a limit of course to M's development resources. It's not a big company.
(I'm not of course mentioning the elephant in the room regarding Oppo and Meridian...)
Ex-moderator Sitting room: dCS Network Bridge, 818v3, HD621, 8kSE Library: dCS Rossini Apex DAC/Clock, Clearaudio Performance Wood, Audio Research PH2, Mjölnir KGST, Mjölnir PureBipolar SWMBO Room: 210, D33 Kitchen: RPi/RoonBridge, Genelec 6010 actives Desk: Merging Anubis Server: Roon/ROCK/NUC Headphones: Stax SR-X9000, Stax SR-007, Stax SR-404LE, Audeze LCD-X...
Oldest audio file: 1889 Edison cylinder
|