logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,001
Likes: 10
Knows where his towel is
Knows where his towel is
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,001
Likes: 10
So what about the dealers who provide us with great used products and take trade ins?
Like K4POG and Reuben?

I have dealt with a few of the Premium Partners and have nothing but praise for them, however, Reuben has gone out of his way on many occasions for me lending me a G91 when my PSU failed on my G68 and it was back at mothership, and even lending me some DSP speakers when my new 5200s had to go back for an issue.

I take it that these guys will still be able to post in the restaurant under the regular classifieds??



No Darling, I've had it months!
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,001
Likes: 10
Knows where his towel is
Knows where his towel is
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,001
Likes: 10
Quote
A brief notice regarding recent forum changes

The HH administrators and moderators have, for some time now, been exploring - with Meridian - ways to revitalise the forum and increase relevant content and timely support from both HQ and Premium Partners. We have had some very positive discussions with HQ about this and feel that it is a good thing for both HH, Meridian and the Meridian dealership.

To facilitate this, we have decided to make some changes to the Restaurant area and rules. Specifically:

� The current merchant area is now restricted to Premium Partners who have agreed to provide a level of open user/HH support.

� Unofficial dealers or re-sellers will no longer be permitted to post for-sale threads on HH (though they are welcome to contribute to the forum and respond via PM to for-sale and wanted threads).

� Premium Partners cannot simply use HH as a place to advertise and are expected to contribute knowledge and assistance in the main forums.
� The flip-side is that those dealers who do provide HH with support (and you know who they are) can have some return for their efforts.

� Third party service - ChrisJC (in the UK) and Marc Koval (in the US) - and products (Reviver) have been moved into a single sub-forum.

Private Restaurant sales of Meridian and non-Meridian gear remain unaffected.

We believe that these changes are positive and should result in an increased level of technical support in all areas, but in particular in some of the newer areas where our collective knowledge is weaker.

Finally, we wish to reiterate that HH remains an independently run and privately owned forum and that there are no plans to change this. The increased and improved (and invisible to most) two-way communication with HQ that has been achieved over the last twelve months or so has been, from the HH side, primarily for the benefit of the forum. Clearly though, a win-win scenario for HH, Meridian and Premium Partners is a highly desirable outcome.
I guess that answers my question.

Meridian really are throwing their weight around.

Good luck to them, it was being able to buy your first used bit of kit at a good price that got most of us hooked on their gear.


No Darling, I've had it months!
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,358
Likes: 2
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,358
Likes: 2
They are still alive, can be PMed, emailed, phoned, SMSed - and are anyway advertising their stock elsewhere. So you are of course most welcome to deal with them!


Ex-moderator
Sitting room: dCS Network Bridge, 818v3, HD621, 8kSE
Library: dCS Rossini Apex DAC/Clock, Clearaudio Performance Wood, Audio Research PH2, Mjölnir KGST, Mjölnir PureBipolar
SWMBO Room: 210, D33
Kitchen: RPi/RoonBridge, Genelec 6010 actives
Desk: Merging Anubis
Server: Roon/ROCK/NUC

Headphones: Stax SR-X9000, Stax SR-007, Stax SR-404LE, Audeze LCD-X...

Oldest audio file: 1889 Edison cylinder
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,001
Likes: 10
Knows where his towel is
Knows where his towel is
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,001
Likes: 10
I get that, but a Meridian forum was the first port of call for most of us when browsing for kit. I would often start thinking about new kit after seeing something in the restaurant that I hadn't even realised I needed. wink

Seems a strange decision.

The Dealers section of the restaurant now looks a bit sparce with only 6 items in there.

I used to enjoy seeing what new toys would pop up in there.

I'm sure you all know what you are doing.
But, it reminds me of when Talk Audio (car audi forum) changed their classifieds, the forum went from a hive of activity to almost a standstill pretty much over night. It is amazing how much folk enjoy looking at classifieds.

Obviously just an opinion, probably 99% of the other users never even looked in the Restaurant so won't matter either way.


No Darling, I've had it months!
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,791
MB Offline
Knows where his towel is
Knows where his towel is
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,791
Originally Posted by gIzzE
The Dealers section of the restaurant now looks a bit sparce with only 6 items in there.
They have more kit to sell but it dropped off as there was a one month time limit (which I presume will now be relaxed?).

Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 234
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 234
You can set the timeframe on the bottom left.
Will give you a couple more items...


Meridian G68 AXV, HD621 | Cinepro 2k6mk5 | 4x Scanspeak A4 monitors, center & 26W Sub | RPi Hifiberry digi+ | Roon
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,815
Likes: 87
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,815
Likes: 87
Hi Gizze, we appreciate your views. We did spend a lot of time discussing this and feel that in the long run we would be better served. Sure the sales area changes but the guys impacted can keep doing what they do in other ways and you clearly have a good relationship.

We think we will get more from this and it will enhance HH for all.

Cheers


Rgds,
Nick


Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,001
Likes: 10
Knows where his towel is
Knows where his towel is
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,001
Likes: 10
I can understand why you did this completely, getting M on side can only be a good thing long term.

I just feel it is a loss for for the forum loosing people like Reuben, I know he tried to put things on here first with lower price points before moving them to eBay if they didn't sell.




No Darling, I've had it months!
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 37
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 37
Hello,

I'm also agree with that. Loosing peaple like Reuben is a big loss for the forum.

It's really unfortunate.
First he is a very nice guy.
Second he has always good prices.
And at last but not the least, he does a great job for us, Meridian lovers, finding the M product we seek. And all that, are important things for us.

Is it not possible that Reuben can continue to post in the "Hitchhikers - Meridian Equipment" section?

Regards
R�my


Remy
861v4+LPS, HD621, G98, DSP5200, DSP5200HC, Klipsch RB62, Velodyne SPL1200R, Power conditioner Gigawatt PC3 SE EVO, Oppo 83 Nuforce, G55, Pioneer Kuro LX6090H, MPC Audio Absolute power cords.
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,358
Likes: 2
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,358
Likes: 2
The independent dealers are still very much in business, and still totally able to provide the services you mention, should you wish them to.


Ex-moderator
Sitting room: dCS Network Bridge, 818v3, HD621, 8kSE
Library: dCS Rossini Apex DAC/Clock, Clearaudio Performance Wood, Audio Research PH2, Mjölnir KGST, Mjölnir PureBipolar
SWMBO Room: 210, D33
Kitchen: RPi/RoonBridge, Genelec 6010 actives
Desk: Merging Anubis
Server: Roon/ROCK/NUC

Headphones: Stax SR-X9000, Stax SR-007, Stax SR-404LE, Audeze LCD-X...

Oldest audio file: 1889 Edison cylinder
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 715
Likes: 16
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 715
Likes: 16
I agree that the loss of the independent dealers will detract from the interest and value of our forum.

Neil


1) MS200, G65, Revivers, DSP5000.2, DSP5000C.2, DSP3100, D1500, SME10/IV.

2) Mac Mini (Roon), Explorer 2, Sennheiser HD6XX.
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,001
Likes: 10
Knows where his towel is
Knows where his towel is
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,001
Likes: 10
For me I felt Meridian were pushing away the users who weren't going to upgrade and buy the latest 800 series product every year when they started pushing everyone into Premium Partner dealerships a few years back, but it was OK, because those of us who used to love the product and buy a bit of used kit had the forum.
It seems that the forum is now going the same way and is becoming somewhat elitist.

Now, this is just my initial impression, and after a few weeks I may well be proven wrong. But that is how it feels.

In a couple of years when I my daughter has finished Uni and I have completed the 3 flats I am converting and I can once again drop a few grand on new kit every few months I may well not give a crap, but for now it doesn't sit too well.


No Darling, I've had it months!
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (Kent_in_AoNZ, MVirgil), 481 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,815
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,203
Posts297,190
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.067s Queries: 40 (0.043s) Memory: 0.8954 MB (Peak: 2.2170 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-10 06:18:54 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS