Originally Posted by RobZ
I have the sony VW 1000ES. Great projector. Can only tell you what I have done. Firstly got rid of my Lumagen. Secondly, I do the upscaling to 4K in the projector. I don't know if the Sony or the Oppo are better at 4K upscaling ( I have the Oppo 103), but have worked on the premise that the less data I put down the HDMI link to the Sony the better. I am not too sure how well 4K down a longish cable-run would work (all in all about 7-8 metres, including up to the ceiling). Everything still runs through my HD621.

I still have to have my Sony lowered a bit to get rid of very slight curvature at the sides, so you need to watch the height of the top of your screen compared to your ceiling height carefully.

Does this mean that the 80% of screen height offset from centre as specified by Sony is not really practical?
Quote
Fantastic that you can watch 2.40:1 etc without an anamorphic lens. I have a constant height screen with variable masking. I ended up with the Screen Research E-Mask EL1C. I believe it has 6 settings, so you can cater for all the normal formats.

Be interested to see your findings!
As long as light output is not a problem, and the VW1000 has plenty of that, at least for 2D, you are just leaving pixels unused this way. Which the Sony also has plenty off...

@Mark
The VW1000 requires a 1,25x anamorphic lens. The Isco is 1,33x


G68J, HD621, ...