|
|
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 218 Likes: 2
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 218 Likes: 2 |
My new G91DH (connected to an 861v4/DSP speaker setup) is behaving oddly on power up - whenever it gets powered on from standby using the remote (MSR+) then the CD/DVD drawer opens regardless of which source I originally selected! Then if you close the drawer then the system switches to the DVD source automatically - not exactly what I would expect and certainly not how my old 598 used to behave. The 861 is marked as controller with the G91 explicitly set as not-controller. Anyone else have similar symptoms or solutions?
Graham
Meridian Owner since 1991
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 498
Paranoid android
|
|
Paranoid android
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 498 |
speak to your dealer / Meridian.
They'll be all too keen to sort the problems out. I've had all sorts of problems with my G98 / G68 combo, and they've been excellent in attempting to sort out these silly niggles.
Meridian G61R, HD621, DSP7200L+R, DSP3300C, DSP3200
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 10
Harmless
|
|
Harmless
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 10 |
My G91 arrived with a dead radio a few weeks back after waiting a very long time to get one. I was dissapointed at first, but after a quick call to Tech Support and my dealer, he had a new unit sent out immediately.
BIG KUDO's to him and Meridian for not even blinking a eye. That's the way I've always thought I should be treated and one of the reasons I chose them both and spent more than I ever thought I should!
While waiting for the new unit, I went ahead and broke-in the broken one and I was really liking the way it sounded...until I hooked up the new one this morning.
Radio works great! However, I didn't really believe how much a couple weeks run-in makes on electronics. Big Difference.
I'll have to write back after a week or two of break-in, because it needs to warm up a bunch! In comparison to the first unit, it's so bright!
On another note, I'm in love with my 5500's, they've got balls! Everytime my SO ask why I'm smiling, all I can say is sit down, chut up and listen! Heaven.
Now I just need to figure out how to get 3 more ;-)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 595 Likes: 1
Paranoid android
|
|
Paranoid android
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 595 Likes: 1 |
Hi Graham My G91 did the same thing (drawer opening on startup) and this was fixed by firmware release 1.27 which has obvoiusly not been upgraded prior to your taking delivery! You can download this from the Meridian website
Rod
818v3, QNAP HS-453DX, Roon, 7200SE, ARCAM AVR380, REL B2, Panasonic BD 80, LG OLED, SBox Transporter, iPad, F80. Shunyata Delta NR power cables.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 10
Harmless
|
|
Harmless
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 10 |
I programed my favorites into the radio last night and this morning I was playing with it and I noticed that when I use the G91's front panel buttons everything works correctly. However, when I switch favorites using the MSR +, it doesn't work right. It will not go to each one in order and the frequency and stored labels don't correspond to the music being played? Anyone else have experience this on the G01, 51 or 68 or 91?
Also, can someone recommend a great FM antenna, I need one that works well down here on the Bayou's of So. LA.
Scott
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 10
Harmless
|
|
Harmless
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 10 |
Update: I cleared all the favorites and reentered in sequential order. Everything worked fine, buttons advanced them correctly, MSR+ advanced them correctly. All was right with the world until I went and sat on the sofa 11' away...FUBAR.
Moved closer, (within 2') all worked fine, moving back to the sofa...SNAFU!
Antenna recommendations anyone?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,815 Likes: 87
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,815 Likes: 87 |
Rgds, Nick
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 10
Harmless
|
|
Harmless
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 10 |
3 new sets of batteries, no change?
drats!
|
|
|
|
0 members (),
509
guests, and
3
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums18
Topics31,202
Posts297,182
Members5,503
| |
Most Online4,788 May 22nd, 2026
|
|
|
|