Hello all,
For reasons too boring to get into, I have a TwinStore but no other Sooloos/MDMS components. I would like to draw upon the collective wisdom of the forum to help me explore the various options for completing a Media System that would feed into my G91 and pre-SpeakerLink DSP speakers.
My questions are:
1. If I buy an MC200 can I easily disable "Store" functionality and delegate this to the TwinStore?
2. Since I don't really need the internal HD is there any reason to go for the newer version of the MC200?
3. While it seems that buying an MC200 would be the simplest and least expensive way to get into the world of MDMS, are there ways that better leverage my existing TwinStore without adding the redundant storage of the MC200? I don't yet need all the available storage space but I know I will eventually, so prefer to rely on the TwinStore for storage than on the internal drive of an MC200.
4. I've read on the forum that the MD600 can be configured for "Core" functionality. Is the same true of the TwinStore? If so would I be able to go TwinStore-->MS200 or MS600->G91 and control with the iPad app? If not I assume replacing the TwinStore in the above hypothetical configuration with an MD600 using my existing hard drives would work? Will hard drives already formatted for a TwinStore (and loaded with music) plug straight into an MD600 and be ready to go?
Thanks,
Dom