Originally Posted by Dr Nick
Yes but I was ignoring the 818 as its unaffordable for most - a scaled down version. And the MC600 is close but no balanced out and I don't need 6 zones. Even just put the mc200 output card in the MD600.
I have requested that Meridian package the Explorer drivers pre installed on the MC200/MD600 type devices to allow Explorer to be used as a zone direct from these devices (for me, my F80 sits above my MC200 and an optical connection via an Explorer would have been perfect. For others, headphones out may be useful.

The suggested response was in my case to use an MS200.

Technically, I understand that there is nothing preventing use of Explorer on Linux based boxes.


Meridian owner since 1992
Prime & PSU, Focal Elear headphones, Roon (ROCK 8Gi5 NUC), Explorer 1 & 2, F80. 200/203, various Sonos (via Roon).