Originally Posted by Huw
I recently added a MS600 to my second room set up. It linked to main room C15. I am not too happy with sound performance - rather disappointing.
For those that don't have M speakers (Gasp...shock...horror) I recently used the digital out from the MS600 into an Audiolab MDAC. I could then switch between the balanced output of the MS600 and the balanced out of the MDAC using a Pass Labs x10 pre. The MDAC was not mine but it may be soon as to my ear the MDAC was better. Have to say I was disappointed given that the MDAC cost a third of the price and I can use it as a pre and a headphone amp. I love the MDMS as a front end but in future I will be advising any that ask to buy an MS200 (or MC200) and then use that to feed the DAC of your choice.


Meridian MD600, MS200 and MS600, Denon 4308, Audio Research Ref 110, Krell FPB-400cx, Focal Electra 1007Be and 1000Be, Whise 319a