Just following up again on your comment that it is better than 91a and 61r. In what sense do you rate it as better and why , ie what makes it so? The theory is that it should be as good as the C15 , which is very good. It might simply be that it is my speakers that are letting it down . I have noticed this set up sounds worse when playing 96 kHz audio being sent from the C15.
The way I am using it is as a" high quality" slave to my C15. It's really a streamer, but without the functionality that can be found in non Meridian streamers.
As you know there are no other streaming devices that one can connect to the C15 , it has to be a Meridian product, unless someone knows something else, would be interesting to know... Regards Huw
I ask because I found mine to be affected when sat at the end of a IP power plug device. It could be that 96/24 material isn't handled as well on the MS600 zone if you have similar.
If I could be so bold as to spend some of your money. First of all, a few statements that I'm sure most here will agree with from their own Trials and Listening Sessions
a) That the MS600 will sound MUCH better than the C15 feeding your current D7k system a C15 in a bespoke Windows PC and all the Mechanical and RFI / EMI Noise to go with it and as a result is quite compromised on Audio replay.
b) Even an MS200 will significantly outperform your C15 in feeding the above D7k System.
c) I would strongly recommend that you at least try the MS600 in your main Listening Room as the "Source" or Endpoint the C15 will now become just your User Interface to the system.
d) Then buy a �500 MS200 for use in your 2nd room as above most people here would agree that an MS200 will come quite close to an MS600 on its Digital Out and that rationale would certainly apply in the Secondary Listening room that you are already describing as being somewhat "compromised" by furnishings and walls etc.
Using the MS600 in your main room should provide such a noticeable uplift in performance that buying the MS200 for the 2nd room becomes much more palatable
SpeakerLink to Legacy Cable convertors can be had for �25 each and should not be an obstacle to at least TRYING the MS600 in your main room
If you are in the mood to have a play with your system, I would suggest that you actually avoid the G61R and use the MS600 direct into the second SPDIF on the 7000's. I got a significant jump in performance doing this. Now all multichannel is routed via G61R and all 2 channel is routed via 808.3. In your case, the MS600 is simply a Sooloos endpoint so you effectively only have 1 2-channel source.
The main problem with trying this is generally M recommend that people set the centre channel as master. To get the SPDIF switching on your 7Ks to work you would have to rewire your system so that either Left or Right 7K is the master. This is a considerable hassle and hence made me avoid doing for ages. But Im glad I did.
Of course if Trifield is a big deal to you, then there is no point. But if optimum 2 channel performance is your goal it would be worth a try.
The main problem with trying this is generally M recommend that people set the centre channel as master. To get the spdif switching on your 7Ks to work you would have to rewire your system so that either Left or Right 7K is the master.
This is not true as far as I recall.
The Comms has to go through the master (perhaps centre) but as long as each speaker is configured correctly (I.e. with AUX using the second SPDIF input on the first of the main stereo pair) there should be no reason to change the master.
Before going too far down this route it might be useful to know where the master is.
No Nick, it's not a power plug Ethernet it's a standard cat 5 wiring throgh the house with cat 6 terminations . I agree with you the power plug variety could induce some abberations. Regards Huw
Just trying to catch up with all the feedback, wow!
My 7000s are non SpeakerLink types . I am not home just now but I do not recall seeing an SPDIF socket on them.
I have a very expensive digital link from C15 to G61R. In my main room I have smiley face 5K HC which is master. This has a 1600 subwoofer coming off it.
Rears are 18 bit series 1 5Ks which is an issue for proper cinema sound. It's necessary with such a set up to allow the decoding to be done in the source, so not the G61R, otherwise the rears go silent! NB there is also a HD621 linking video sources. Long and painful story. Hence my current wanted post for some 96/24 5Ks (black ash).
Important .. Wiring is all under floor with recently laid new carpet.
Hi Ronnie, That makes a the C15 a jolly expensive user interface, and any way the iPad app is superior in this regard.
Matter of fact I was planning to buy an MS200 before I bought the MS600 from a friendly hitchhiker for a fair price, it's quite new barely one year old. NB the firmware says 1.2, I suppose that's the latest and it will do auto update like the C15 ... or not?
Notwithstanding, I will certainly have a play with using it in main room.
Putting it simply my main room is soft whereas second room is hard, and that will play a role. Since I do not have DSP in second room, not much tinkering to be done. Nothing on MS600 or G91A.
I am using digital link comes up as Aux on G91A and someone suggested to try analogue which I certainly will look at. I did think about it before but could not convince myself of the theory, but the practice might be different.