Originally Posted by ncpl
For a DSP to use D1 and D2 inputs it has to be master (not slave). When set as slave the option to define D1 and D2 as inputs does not exist. Only when master is selected does this option appear.
On the other hand, if you configure a D33 with LegacyConfig, it doesn't know if they are slave or master, and allows you to set the input for each source regardless of slave/master. That much is clear.

Whether it would actually work I can't swear by because when I used D2 it was only a stereo setup. On the other hand, when I was using a master speaker which was not being used for sound, I was not using D2 anywhere.

I'll move my second MS600 in a few days to give it a whirl. smile

We are though a bit OT. He's best off following Ronnie's advice and trying it through the processor first, although the difference may be less obvious that way.


Ex-moderator
Sitting room: dCS Network Bridge, 818v3, HD621, 8kSE
Library: dCS Rossini Apex DAC/Clock, Clearaudio Performance Wood, Audio Research PH2, Mjölnir KGST, Mjölnir PureBipolar
SWMBO Room: 210, D33
Kitchen: RPi/RoonBridge, Genelec 6010 actives
Desk: Merging Anubis
Server: Roon/ROCK/NUC

Headphones: Stax SR-X9000, Stax SR-007, Stax SR-404LE, Audeze LCD-X...

Oldest audio file: 1889 Edison cylinder