|
|
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505 Likes: 78
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505 Likes: 78 |
Hi, you could add a Reviver or Steve Eyles's 'SpeakerLink to Legacy DSP cable', to convert the SpeakerLink output to SPDIF and use that to feed your G68 rather than optical.
It may boost AQ as well (I'm not a big fan of optical connections on Hi-End setups).
Regards, Carl
861v6+ID40, HD621, 8000.2, 7200HC, 7200.2, SKYQ Silver, PS3, PDP-LX6090, QNAP TS870-Pro (8*6TB), Roon, iPadAir2. [In Reserve] C15, MD600 (2*3TB), TwinStore RM (2*2TB)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 958 Likes: 5
Pan-dimensional being
|
|
Pan-dimensional being
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 958 Likes: 5 |
James , I think the configuration of the MS200 is done through web browser, so OS independent. There is a screen shot on the datasheet . You type in the IP address of the unit (get this from router interrogation) on the address window of the browser. Thanks. I have read this and note it shows settings of fixed audio out at 2x. I assume this sample screen shot shows the default settings; and 2x means apodising also, as that is implemented in the same process as up sampling, if I understand correctly. I just have been unable to find this stated explicitly anywhere. If this is the case I have no need to interrogate my router,and a good thing too.
James NC1: 861v8, ID41, 218, 251(to outdoors), DSP8000SEUG, 7200SEC, DSP520 rears, Apple TV, DirecTV, Oppo BD103, QNAP251, Roon NC2-M7005, Triad Silver Speakers,Acurus Amps
FL1: 861v4, ID40, 218, MS200, DSP8000SEs, DSP7200SEC, DSP5000s, DirecTv, AppleTv, OppoBD103, QNAP469, Roon FL2: Marantz 7005, 251, M60s,60C,33s, Oppo BDP-93,MS200, Roon
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,791
Knows where his towel is
|
|
Knows where his towel is
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,791 |
I share the same understandings. I wouldn't hold your breath for anything explicit from Meridian. They're infamous for clarity.
On interrogating the router it's worth looking under the skin of the router, it's a good way of finding out a little about networking. Typically, there is config page accessed by typing a 192.168 type number into your webbrowswer, logging in (usually admin/admin or admin/password) then looking at a menu of things to configure. You can look at connection speed, set security levels, look at attached devices, restrict access to specific devices and suchlike. Worth a dabble just for curiosity. You can look up the MS200 find the IP address, type it in your webbrowser and play. Find the IP address of the MC200, type it in followed by /debug and find a lot of information about what's on the MC200. Difficult to break.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 136
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 136 |
Hi Colin,
I'm afraid I don't have Meridian speakers so I cannot test the SpeakerLink output, but I'd be surprised if optical sounded as good as SpeakerLink. I don't have an adapter but will try to get one from the distributor.
All Sooloos devices I have used thus far all had x2 Apodising on by default. I'm guessing this won't be different for the MS200. In case of the MC200, x2 resulted in double samplerate indeed, so 88.2 KHz for CD material.
Rowland Model6/BPS6, Rowland Coherence II, Levinson 390S and 37, AudioAanZee Reference Flow music server, Rowland Aeris DAC, Rowland Cadence phono stage, Pass Labs Xono phono stage, Yamaha PX-2 and Thorens TD 160MKII, Transparent Ultra and Reference cables, Apogee Diva magnetostatics (refurbished).
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 537 Likes: 2
Paranoid android
|
|
Paranoid android
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 537 Likes: 2 |
Re. Meridian customer service, if you hook up with a good dealer and service through them, it can work very well indeed. I also emailed M once, no reply, I eventually got through and they were very apologetic about missing the email.
BUT, don't buy M and expect too much customer service direct from M. I think most of us know this and just buy because it sounds right. I have D600s from 1989, I'm hoping the 8ks outlive me. No question that having a good dealer is more important than ever with current Meridian. Bad news is, it is not always possible to find a good dealer locally; good news, there are a couple of excellent ones who contribute here. Also, I must say that here in the US, at least, once one gets the return authorization, the chaps in Atlanta are professional, courteous and most importantly, fast! With my recent PSU isssues with 861v6 (under warranty fortunately) door to door turnaround was one week (5 days of which are in-transit time). OK, you pay a chunk to insure something like this, but still, not too shabby. I'm glad your experience was better than mine. I shipped a malfunctioning G68 to Atlanta, and after a multi-week delay, was told that they would not be able to look at it for a couple more weeks because they were too busy shipping product to new customers. I had to have my dealer intervene to get my G68 back in a reasonable time-frame. The products are great, but my two experiences with Meridian support in the U.S. have been dismal.
Living room: 818v3, Parasound A23+, Maggie 1.6 A/V room: 861v8, DSP7200SE L/R/C, 4x DSP320 surrounds, ID41 + Roon, UHD722, Prime+PS
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 136
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 136 |
Indeed, config is done by typing the MS200's IP address in a web browser. It offers x2 and x2, fixed or variable volume, DHCP or fixed IP and some other settings.
Rowland Model6/BPS6, Rowland Coherence II, Levinson 390S and 37, AudioAanZee Reference Flow music server, Rowland Aeris DAC, Rowland Cadence phono stage, Pass Labs Xono phono stage, Yamaha PX-2 and Thorens TD 160MKII, Transparent Ultra and Reference cables, Apogee Diva magnetostatics (refurbished).
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 4,014
Vogon Civil Servant
|
|
Vogon Civil Servant
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 4,014 |
Do you know that you could have also tested a Balanced AES Digital Connection from your MS200 into your 818?
I think it will outperform what you heard on the Optical Output.
Using a SpeakerLink Cat 5+ or even any other Cat 5 cable would have achieved this connection.
Worth trying and maybe adding to your Review?
-
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 147
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 147 |
Hi Christiaan
I am debating whether I should buy an MS600 or an MS200 to feed my 568 in a second zone.
I know that you found the MS600 superior when using analog out but I am wondering if you compared (or can still compare) the 2 devices using digital out?
861v8+ID41 Revelation One filter, HD621, Musical Fidelity M8 700 mono blocks, Focal Scala (x2), Focal Mini Utopia (x3), Velodyne DD18, Oppo BD105, Roon NUC, 218, Radiance 2021, JVC X9000
|
|
|
|
1 members (Gemeni),
249
guests, and
3
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums18
Topics31,201
Posts297,162
Members5,503
| |
Most Online4,788 May 22nd, 2026
|
|
|
|