logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 537
Likes: 2
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 537
Likes: 2
I'm seeing the same behavior on some of the Macs I connect to my network, but not all of them. Unfortunately, the only one I own (as opposed to machines I borrow overnight from work) has shown this problem 100% since the day I upgraded to 10.7.4 (and now recurs in 10.8.2), Interestingly, a work machine launches CP just fine in 10.7.4 on the same router with the same security settings.

App file purges, reboots, safe boots, repaired permissions, new accounts have all failed to address the issue.

As far as I know, CP is the only application running on the Mono framework.

I've been working with Meridian support in the U.S. on this, but there has been no progress to date, and they've gone silent on me (again).


Living room: 818v3, Parasound A23+, Maggie 1.6
A/V room: 861v8, DSP7200SE L/R/C, 4x DSP320 surrounds, ID41 + Roon, UHD722, Prime+PS
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 537
Likes: 2
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 537
Likes: 2
Meridian support has reengaged on this. We don't have it working yet, but they're gathering info to root cause the issue. As soon as I learn anything useful, I'll post it here.


Living room: 818v3, Parasound A23+, Maggie 1.6
A/V room: 861v8, DSP7200SE L/R/C, 4x DSP320 surrounds, ID41 + Roon, UHD722, Prime+PS
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 94
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 94
Sure this is much too simple but I had numerous problems with Control:Mac after upgrading to 10.8.2, I tried everything I could think of and no success until:

Connect all Sooloos endpoints directly to router (no additional switches; wireless access point; etc.), reboot all devices, connect MacBook/iMac via Ethernet to router, launch Control:Mac. It worked for me, then I was able to reintroduce switches and also launch Control:Mac on all my other Apple devices wirelessly.


Main System: 861v8, 808v6, 8000SE (l, r), 7200SE (c, rr, rl)
Living Room: 861v8, 7200SE (l, r), 5200SE (c, rr, lr)
Control:15 (2), MC200
Kitchen: G91A
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 537
Likes: 2
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 537
Likes: 2
Wints1,
Unfortunately, your approach didn't solve the problem for my environment, but thanks very much for the idea. I'm still working with Meridian support.

Hope to have something useful to post soon.


Living room: 818v3, Parasound A23+, Maggie 1.6
A/V room: 861v8, DSP7200SE L/R/C, 4x DSP320 surrounds, ID41 + Roon, UHD722, Prime+PS
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 211
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 211
Hi Everybody,

To my experience Control:PC works much better than Control:Mac. I also use MAC and PC. And so does my father. But we both belive that Control:PC works better. For what reason I don't wont speculate in. I have used both Snow Leopard and Lion. But I think Control:Mac worked better than under Snow Leopard..

This is just my opinion and not a fact.

Best regards, Per Nilsson, Sweden

Last edited by Xanavi; 2012-11-07 23:40.

Main: MC200, MS600, DSP5200, DSW, G61R, DSP5200HC, Genelec Two (as rear speakers), Marantz BD8002, G08, 2x TwinStores (1TB each), iPad1, iPad AIR, Isotek Multiway 6
Control:PC on Windows 8, Mac on OS 10.6.8
Computer: Genelec 6010A, IXOS 3,5mm to RCA, AQ Coffee USB Cable, Explorer
Kitchen: Tivoli Audio Model 1
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 136
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 136
Hi all,

My problem with the Mac is ongoing. Connecting only the Sooloos components and to the same switch made no difference, nor did any amount of rebooting/deinstalling/reinstalling of the Control:Mac app or Mono.

Luckily my Windows PC is back in action and that's what I use now. I have now given up on the Mac.

One of the reasons for looking to Mac was my hope that importing would be better than with Control:PC, more specifically give me control over the metadata (tickbox "prefer local metadata" not working). But now that I know that Control:Mac, like Control:PC, is basically a browser, a window on top of the operating system of the storage device (in my case the MD600), I'm guessing that operability/features/bugs would be the same whether Mac or PC is used.

@Akimo: good to hear that Meridian are looking into the Mac problem!


Rowland Model6/BPS6, Rowland Coherence II, Levinson 390S and 37, AudioAanZee Reference Flow music server, Rowland Aeris DAC, Rowland Cadence phono stage, Pass Labs Xono phono stage, Yamaha PX-2 and Thorens TD 160MKII, Transparent Ultra and Reference cables, Apogee Diva magnetostatics (refurbished).
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505
Likes: 78
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505
Likes: 78
Originally Posted by CP - Hifi-Advice.com
But now that I know that Control:Mac, like Control:PC, is basically a browser, a window on top of the operating system of the storage device
Hi Christiaan,
What leads you to this? Are you thinking of Control:Web which is browser based?

Regards,
Carl


861v6+ID40, HD621, 8000.2, 7200HC, 7200.2, SKYQ Silver, PS3, PDP-LX6090, QNAP TS870-Pro (8*6TB), Roon, iPadAir2.
[In Reserve] C15, MD600 (2*3TB), TwinStore RM (2*2TB)
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 164
Likes: 1
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 164
Likes: 1
I have also had problems with Control:Mac (random behaviour). The best thing is to use Control:PC. I have never been able to rip a CD on my iMac, so I sold it instead of being irritated.


861v8+ID41, HD621, G98, Arcam P35, DSP7200SE, DSP7200HC, SW1600, DSP320.
2xMS600, 2xMS200, 2xDSP3200, AC200, Explorer2, 2x218, AD88, Prime, 251, 210
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,013
Likes: 1
Vogon Civil Servant
Vogon Civil Servant
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,013
Likes: 1
Never ripped a CD? What programme were you trying to use, Control:Mac or XLD?

I did have a problem with the speed of XLD but it's a lot faster now.


Sooloos, Roon, G series (with LPS upgrade), 800 series (with LPS upgrade), HD621, AC200, Prime and PS, DSPs old and new.

Purdeys, Moke, Leica, 'Blad. Only the best.
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 164
Likes: 1
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 164
Likes: 1
I have used Control:Mac and iTunes. Normally after 2-3 tracks the rip was stopped saying bad CD. But the same CD worked OK in my PC.


861v8+ID41, HD621, G98, Arcam P35, DSP7200SE, DSP7200HC, SW1600, DSP320.
2xMS600, 2xMS200, 2xDSP3200, AC200, Explorer2, 2x218, AD88, Prime, 251, 210
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 136
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 136
Originally Posted by Carl
Originally Posted by CP - Hifi-Advice.com
But now that I know that Control:Mac, like Control:PC, is basically a browser, a window on top of the operating system of the storage device
Hi Christiaan,
What leads you to this? Are you thinking of Control:Web which is browser based?
Hi Carl, well I'm not 100% sure, but I know that the functionality is based inside the core which is the MD600 in my case. I'm tempted to think that Control:PC is therefore indeed not as much a program as it is a window, a remote link to the Core. It might as well be much like a browser, and I am confounded in that idea by the way that Control:PC works. For example there will be no elements at all, just a white background, if it can't get a connection to the core. This would be different if it were a program where you would just see all graphics but no values. But maybe I'm seeing this too simple. As always I'm happy to be corrected if I'm wrong!


Rowland Model6/BPS6, Rowland Coherence II, Levinson 390S and 37, AudioAanZee Reference Flow music server, Rowland Aeris DAC, Rowland Cadence phono stage, Pass Labs Xono phono stage, Yamaha PX-2 and Thorens TD 160MKII, Transparent Ultra and Reference cables, Apogee Diva magnetostatics (refurbished).
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505
Likes: 78
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505
Likes: 78
I'd say that Control:PC and Control@Mac can be described as 'Thick Client' ie an installed application on the local device where as Control:Web is a 'Thin Client' i.e. no installed local application and the server based pages are rendered by a browser.

However, both of course access the server 'Sooloos core / storage' for data.

Regards,
Carl


861v6+ID40, HD621, 8000.2, 7200HC, 7200.2, SKYQ Silver, PS3, PDP-LX6090, QNAP TS870-Pro (8*6TB), Roon, iPadAir2.
[In Reserve] C15, MD600 (2*3TB), TwinStore RM (2*2TB)
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (swpnt), 444 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,815
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,202
Posts297,184
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.054s Queries: 40 (0.026s) Memory: 0.8908 MB (Peak: 2.2170 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-09 09:46:07 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS