logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 … 7 8 9 10 11
Jeje #177032 2012-11-04 02:11
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 63
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 63
Sorry, yes SpeakerLink.

Tony


MC200, MS200, AC200, DSP3200
F80
Carrart #177181 2012-11-06 09:08
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,165
Likes: 67
Meridian Partner
Senior Shouting Officer
Meridian Partner
Senior Shouting Officer
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,165
Likes: 67
Originally Posted by Carrart
I spoke to the Meridian rep. at RSAV last week and he claimed not to be able to tell the difference between the digital out on MS200 and MS600. The analogue out is meant to be much better on MS600.
Hi Tony,

I'll ask him to have a listen in our demo room then! grin

MS600 is still better to me, using SpeakerLink connection.
However the MS200 is fantastic, to say it's 30% of the price!

Cheers,
Rick


Audio Images, 284 Glossop Road, Sheffield, England. Tel: 0114 273 7893
Website: www.audio-images.co.uk Email: Click here to email Rick
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,791
MB Offline
Knows where his towel is
Knows where his towel is
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,791
My money's on Rick "Golden Ears" Weldon, HOWEVER, I'd love the hear the theory, which components are lessor? Can't really see M marginalising the MS600 so soon.

MB #177200 2012-11-06 13:05
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,815
Likes: 87
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,815
Likes: 87
Matches very well with an M80 both price-wise and SQ. Install very quick too.


Rgds,
Nick


MB #177308 2012-11-08 04:23
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 136
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 136
Hi TinTin,

I wasn't aware that Control:Mac would play ball with Airplay, good to know!


Rowland Model6/BPS6, Rowland Coherence II, Levinson 390S and 37, AudioAanZee Reference Flow music server, Rowland Aeris DAC, Rowland Cadence phono stage, Pass Labs Xono phono stage, Yamaha PX-2 and Thorens TD 160MKII, Transparent Ultra and Reference cables, Apogee Diva magnetostatics (refurbished).
Yetis #177310 2012-11-08 04:45
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 136
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 136
Meridian corporate customer support better than Linn's? Sorry, I beg to differ. Every time I asked Linn for support they were prompt to reply. Even with silly network problems I had due to my own fault they were kind enough to help out.

Meridian on the other hand have never ever responded to any of my mails. I tried elaborate and short, to the point mails but no reply. Considering that these mails were relating to actual bugs in the Sooloos system and also considering the investment for a MD600 + 818, I have to say that I for one am unhappy with Meridian support.

I have had several Naim streaming devices (Uniti, UnitiQute, NDX) and they were all highly stable. I haven't encountered a single problem, nor any bugs in the software. Having said that, I do prefer the sound of Meridian Sooloos to any Naim streaming device. Naim can be more forceful/dynamic/impressive, but the recent Sooloos products have better low level resolution and better soundstaging.


Rowland Model6/BPS6, Rowland Coherence II, Levinson 390S and 37, AudioAanZee Reference Flow music server, Rowland Aeris DAC, Rowland Cadence phono stage, Pass Labs Xono phono stage, Yamaha PX-2 and Thorens TD 160MKII, Transparent Ultra and Reference cables, Apogee Diva magnetostatics (refurbished).
MB #177311 2012-11-08 04:50
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 136
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 136
Given my experience with the MC200 versus the MS600, I'd be inclined to think that the MS200 could sound much like the MC200, but most likely not as good as the MS600. The latter really is in a different league compared to the MC200. I'll see if I can get an MS200 in for testing. Must admit to being curious myself too now grin


Rowland Model6/BPS6, Rowland Coherence II, Levinson 390S and 37, AudioAanZee Reference Flow music server, Rowland Aeris DAC, Rowland Cadence phono stage, Pass Labs Xono phono stage, Yamaha PX-2 and Thorens TD 160MKII, Transparent Ultra and Reference cables, Apogee Diva magnetostatics (refurbished).
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 130
Likes: 3
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 130
Likes: 3
I suspect the MS200 was built with the same audio circuitry as the new MC200. My dealer has my money. I'm just waiting for one to swim the Atlantic.


QNAP, MS600, MS200, Anthem AVM 50v, B&W 804S, JL Fathom 113 (2)
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,791
MB Offline
Knows where his towel is
Knows where his towel is
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,791
Re. Meridian customer service, if you hook up with a good dealer and service through them, it can work very well indeed. I also emailed M once, no reply, I eventually got through and they were very apologetic about missing the email.

BUT, don't buy M and expect too much customer service direct from M. I think most of us know this and just buy because it sounds right. I have D600s from 1989, I'm hoping the 8ks outlive me.

Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 18
Senior Shouting Officer
Senior Shouting Officer
Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 18
Had a look at the MS200 yesterday, cute. Did anyone try it with an external high-quality linear PSU yet like Teddy Pardo or similar?


DSP8000SE, DSP7200SEHC, DSP5200SE sides, DSP7200SE rears, 861v8, 210, Sim2 Ultranero 4, Stewart Cinecurve 2.35:1, XEIT CM-5E Anamorphic lens, Dune HD Duo Cinema 8K and Wireworld Platinum 48G HDMI -> UHD722 -> Shunyata Omega Ethernet. Shunyata/Furutech power-cables/filters. SR Master Fuse@861v8. Uptone Etherregen with 10MHz OCXO clock.
MB #177322 2012-11-08 07:12
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,467
Likes: 1
Working on the ultimate question
Working on the ultimate question
Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,467
Likes: 1
Originally Posted by Tintin
Re. Meridian customer service, if you hook up with a good dealer and service through them, it can work very well indeed. I also emailed M once, no reply, I eventually got through and they were very apologetic about missing the email.

BUT, don't buy M and expect too much customer service direct from M. I think most of us know this and just buy because it sounds right. I have D600s from 1989, I'm hoping the 8ks outlive me.
No question that having a good dealer is more important than ever with current Meridian. Bad news is, it is not always possible to find a good dealer locally; good news, there are a couple of excellent ones who contribute here.

Also, I must say that here in the US, at least, once one gets the return authorization, the chaps in Atlanta are professional, courteous and most importantly, fast! With my recent PSU isssues with 861v6 (under warranty fortunately) door to door turnaround was one week (5 days of which are in-transit time). OK, you pay a chunk to insure something like this, but still, not too shabby.


My Kit: 861v8+ID41, 800v4, UHD722, MD600, MS600, MS200, Oppo BDP-203, Genesis 201, Genesis 350 SE, Genesis S4-8 Sub, BG 520i, VTL MB450 II, Krell Showcase 7, Genesis 928 Subs, Danley DTS10 sub, SVS Ultra 16 subs.
Simon #177338 2012-11-08 09:08
Ratbert
Unregistered
Ratbert
Unregistered
Simon

What was the fault with your 861v6?

Russ

Page 9 of 11 1 2 … 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (Colin Triggs), 536 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,815
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,203
Posts297,190
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.081s Queries: 40 (0.043s) Memory: 0.8892 MB (Peak: 2.2159 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-10 10:23:37 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS