I wouldn't have though that music mode, loudness, enhanced boundary and height aren't going to work with anything but M6s (like the 818) but it would be a shame if boundary settings didn't work with SpeakerLink speakers. Not something you use too often though?
Looks very tidy and compact. It was playing speakerlink through a pair of M6's and acting as controller. Great that it is able to do that especially for display-less DSP's. You can point the MSR+ at it and control the Sooloos playlist (next, stop, start, etc)
Can't really comment on absolute SQ as we were stood chatting more than listening critically. I would be confident that it will perform very well.
The remote features do give transport and volume control commands.
The sound is fantastic too, I used it into a AC200+DSP3200 as well as testing it into a F80(3.5mm Optical) also driving headphones via the 3.5mm jack.
A great functional box, perfect for many installations
Cheers Edd
St.Edd... Not Dead yet. Ex. Meridian Employee, Technical Support Engineer 2002 to 2012. Meridian West London, Technical Services Manager Electric String Ltd, Technical Services Manager ______________________________________ AC200, DSP3200, MD600, MS200, F80, MAX221. Explorer
Duncs and I had a play with it yesterday at RS AV's Marble Arch store. see here
Can definitely confirm that it can take power from the speakerlink connection (in this case a pair of 2-3 year old 5200's). That'll make for a very neat system.
Was interesting to see an example of the new in-walls too.
I spoke to the Meridian rep. at RSAV last week and he claimed not to be able to tell the difference between the digital out on MS200 and MS600. The analogue out is meant to be much better on MS600.