So, for a Sooloos novice like me, the difference between the MS200 and the MS600 is some extra interfacing socketry plus probably apodising? For a single zone Sooloos system, interfacing with all Meridian kit (as in my sig) is there any real reason to spend the extra �1250 for the MS600 that I can possibly justify to the wife apart from " it looks nicer"? Also, if using the MS200, is there any difference between using an AC12 or a Reviver into the 861v4?
Geoff
861v4-LPS, ID40, MC200, Roon, Tidal DSP7000, DSP5200HC, DSP5000.3, Oracle Delphi IV, SME V, Dynavector DV17mk3. Mac Mini(2010), Synology NAS/Plex Server Schitt Lyr, Audeze LCD-2, Sennheiser HD800, Beyer Terminator v4. Oppo BDP-93/Vanity93Lite, Sony PW-10, Grandview 100" screen
The analogue output of the MS600 is supposed be excellent quality but for digital out only you don't need it. I daresay the power supply might be a step up from a wall wart (but what would I know). Nice case on the MS600 (might there be some shielding in that?) and don't forget the flashing lights!
I was hoping for that reaction when I bought my MC200 but Mrs H actually took it quite well
It was probably the bit about buying it with money I got from selling a DVD player - although I omitted the bit that it was at least the second thing bought with the proceeds from the same DVD player.
Meridian owner since 1992 Prime & PSU, Focal Elear headphones, Roon (ROCK 8Gi5 NUC), Explorer 1 & 2, F80. 200/203, various Sonos (via Roon).
Talking with S.W.M.B.O (a lady of the crafty variety) about the MC200 laser beam produced the idea of sticking a bit of carefully selected residue from a hole punch machine. The Meridian colour chart could be consulted if required. I will give it a go. Chris
P.S the sticky part of a post it note would suffice me thinks.......
Last edited by ChrisLayerUK; 2012-09-2112:03. Reason: Added ps
No 18 in the Hall of fame I have simple tastes; I am content to settle for the best: GIK monster bass panels, rear wall. QNAP TVS 471i3. Roon into DSP5200SE via 210/ 218 zone... Explorer 2. Bluesound Pulse 2, Mini & Flex. 596v1, 518, Foxsat HD, Sony BDP, Pioneer 5090, 2 Chromecast's for LRB videos. MS200 to F80 for a Roon zone
That's a good idea Chris. I've got a pack of little green sticky green dots that I put on CD covers when I have ripped them. Just put one on the white laser beam.
Still too light to judge, but it seems to have tamed the shiny beam whilst keeping a very visible green glow.
Meridian owner since 1992 Prime & PSU, Focal Elear headphones, Roon (ROCK 8Gi5 NUC), Explorer 1 & 2, F80. 200/203, various Sonos (via Roon).
Data sheet now available on the Meridian website and also at the bottom of our MS200 page, linked below. Price is also confirmed at �499 and they should start arriving in dealers (who forward ordered them ) mid October.
This configuration page shows speaker config for connected DSPs, is that for all DSPs? For example I have 3300 which I thought had no configurable settings, is that right or is it that I just need an appropriate config client for them?