|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,950 Likes: 19 |
Jack
I have not tried with Control:PC but fairly sure it will be same. Apologies if I made wrong assumption. An alternative filter that may be worth trying is the second filter option that I gave with the addition of IP of audio endpoint but less the 'data contains " etc"' bit. I can't remember if this will also pick up handshaking between endpoint and core. To watch packets only for the destination (i.e. audio endpoint as receiver) use IP.dst == 192. etc. Also apologies that UBB is converting case of some of my instructions - IP.dst is all lower case here.
Alternatively, if you are trying to look at MS600 audio, you will need a switch that supports port mirroring/monitoring (or hub) as your PC/Mac won't be able to see the data between core and audio endpoint as the switch will isolate these ports from the PC running Wireshark sniffer.
Last edited by Ian; 2012-09-09 02:14. Reason: checked syntax of ip.dst == <ip addr>
Meridian owner since 1992 Prime & PSU, Focal Elear headphones, Roon (ROCK 8Gi5 NUC), Explorer 1 & 2, F80. 200/203, various Sonos (via Roon).
|