Originally Posted by ChrisLayerUK
You will listen to sooooooo much more music with the MC200 than any CD player and quality can be upgraded at a later date by adding MS600 giving either an extra zone or just an upgrade.
Once you have one, you just will not play CD's so I see a CD player as a dead end. I really think your going to have to listen to some of this stuff but be warned, your wallet will never recover.. Lol Chris smile
MC200 or G08.2??? I was thinking about getting into an MC200 a while back until I found out that I would have to buy a new laptop to run the Meridian software, so I gave up on that idea.
I really hate having my music tied to a computer and its software. There are always bugs, configuration nightmares, endless hours spent trying to figure out IP addresses, etc, etc. What happens if I upgrade to the latest operating system and the Meridian software doesn't run on it, for example?
Life's too short for all that. I have my music in iTunes and I almost never use it with my audio system. I use iTunes only to feed my iPod and iPhone with music. It's not a sound quality issue, but just that it requires much more time and effort than it does to just grab a CD and press play.
My personal choice will probably be to seek out a used G08.2 (to experience the Meridian magic some day) and just stick with CD's, and of course LP's.
Yes I am a bit of a curmudgeon but it's something to consider.


Linn Genki (cd), Linn LP12 - SimAudio Celeste P5003 (preamp) - Dynaudio Focus 110A (Active speakers). Meridian Wannabe.