|
|
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 702 Likes: 13
Paranoid android
|
|
Paranoid android
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 702 Likes: 13 |
How feasible would it be to (aftermarket) retrofit the Oppo BDP93 guts into a G98 or 800 series case, with upgraded linear PS and Shaun Fogg pseudo MMHR output?
Cheers, Ian
1: Roon on Mac Studio, G-Drive 10TB, 818v3, 7200.2, UHD722, LG 77G4 2. 808.6, 8kSE 3. 218, 3200's 4: Rivian R1T - 18 speaker 1200W Elevation by Meridian premium sound system 5. G68ADV (croaked), G98DH (also croaked), [HD621, Syles SL-S/PDIF, MD600 (2*4TB), QNAP 469L (4*3TB), MS200], Ayre MX-R Twenties, TBD
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,171 Likes: 59
Senior Shouting Officer
|
|
Senior Shouting Officer
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,171 Likes: 59 |
how many here would spend �1,500 (minimum IMHO) for a Meridian Badged Oppo based player I might. As you know Ronnie; I've been thinking about buying a more upmarket BD player of late so if I did take the plunge (& you didn't talk me out of it!) & Meridian had one on offer I'd almost certainly buy one. Better that than a Meridian DVD player.
Cinema: Meridian 271, 3 x DSP640 (behind screen), 4 x DSP320 (in-ceiling), 4 x DSP3100 (surrounds), 2 x AC12 (interface). 2 x Perlisten D12s subs, Lyngdorf MP40 processor. DT 145" 2.35 AT screen. Sony VW870 projector & S-T lens, Lumagen Radiance Pro. Lounge: Roon, NUC, Kef LS50 Wireless + 2 x REL Gibraltar-2 subs
Meridian owner since 1998
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474 Likes: 18
Senior Shouting Officer
|
|
Senior Shouting Officer
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474 Likes: 18 |
BD iso has been dropped from the Oppo. Dune Pro will already have the linear PSU. So you "only" need to mod the HDI Dune Pro 2012 for MMHR/SPDIF and you're set.
DSP8000SE, DSP7200SEHC, DSP5200SE sides, DSP7200SE rears, 861v8, 210, Sim2 Ultranero 4, Stewart Cinecurve 2.35:1, XEIT CM-5E Anamorphic lens, Dune HD Duo Cinema 8K and Wireworld Platinum 48G HDMI -> UHD722 -> Shunyata Omega Ethernet. Shunyata/Furutech power-cables/filters. SR Master Fuse@861v8. Uptone Etherregen with 10MHz OCXO clock.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 502 Likes: 2
Paranoid android
|
|
Paranoid android
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 502 Likes: 2 |
But, p-l-e-a-s-e Meridian, if it's possible, can you add vanilla DD/DTS decoding to the HD621? Yeh! And stick another HDMI ouput while you're at it. I thnk there's little doubt that disc spinners are dying. What I want is a high quality multi-media client (multi-channel audio, high definition video (+3D), photos) all controllable by a mobile device app. I don't think that asking for much. ...and don't forget the icing on the cake.... Put the HD621/2 in an MS600 box! PS. Wouldn't DD/DTS decoding also usefully cut down on cable usage? If I want to connect my PS3 through an HD621 then onwards to a G61 or 861 for example I believe at the moment I would also need to use an optical cable direct from the PS3 to the processor to ensure I get sound from all media types? Simon
Main: MS600, G61R, DSP3100Vx3, DSP33x2, SW1600, Samsung 65JS9500 TV, Sony X800, Wireworld Star*light video cabling, Isotek Vision, Isotek Elite/Prem mains cabling. Office: Roon ROCK on NUC7i5, Allo USBridge + iFi PSU, Prime Amp/PSU, Fostex TH900. On the Go: Surface Pro, Explorer2, Sennheiser Momentum M2 Smyth Realiser2 on pre-order :-)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 42
Mostly harmless
|
|
Mostly harmless
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 42 |
HD621 can pass-through DD/DTS coming in via HDMI to be decoded in the connected processor. I use his feature in my G68ADV.
But the you don't have any advantage of the HD621, it just separates audio from video, no apodizing.
Regards, Erik Meridian G68ADV, HD621 and vMSR Dune HD Max, SB Touch, VU+ Duo2, Sony CDP-X303ES, Denon DP-59L, Goldring 1042, Harmony Design V9 Advantage P1, Anthem MCA 3, Dynamic Precision PA4000H, NUC HTPC, ATV 4K Revel Performa3 F208 and C208, Mirage OM-R2, IB sub 2x18" Sony VPL-VW95ES, Lumagen Mini3D, Stewart ST130G3 2.35:1 116"
|
|
|
|
1 members (Jocke),
265
guests, and
4
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums18
Topics31,202
Posts297,181
Members5,503
| |
Most Online4,788 May 22nd, 2026
|
|
|
|