That seems a bit mean given that Meridian have just released new firware upgrades for most of their customers (I acknowledge that many are unhappy about the length of time it took to fix Trifield; and some owners of older equipment are unhappy that they are not included in the upgrade).
Not really. What Meridian did is what other companies do all the time without making a big fuss about it and will less customer inconvenience.
The equivalent behaviour from Meridian would be to say "Actually, we acknowledge some of the PSUs on G68s weren't up to standard. Anyone that bought one between x & y gets a free replacement, even though they're out of warranty. Our reputation is worth more than making an easy �300 for a �60 part."
I do like Apple hardware, but the software (iTunes etc.) is the devil. I upgraded my parents iPad to IOS5 and it genuinely took hours. Involved restarting services, reinstalling drivers, endless backups. Upgrading my Android tablet took 15 minutes and was entirely on the tablet itself.
For my brother's iPhone IOS5 upgrade he had to first upgrade the firmware on his router. I still can't work out what that was all about.