|
|
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,165 Likes: 67
Meridian Partner Senior Shouting Officer
|
|
Meridian Partner Senior Shouting Officer
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,165 Likes: 67 |
Also today installed BT Vision+ box which uses mains ethernet sockets. Now ControlMac cannot find Sooloos unless ethernet cable is removed and repluged in either at the MC200 or the Hub. Hi Tony, Have you tried switching the BT Vision + box off, and unplugging the mains ethernet kit? Purely an idea, maybe it has affected the network somehow? Rick
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 331
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 331 |
Hi Rick
Great suggestion disconnected BT Vision from router and bingo ControlMac now on MacBook.
I now need to find a way of getting them both to work together.
Advice welcome
Tony 861v6+OE34+LPS+ID41, HD621, MC200, DSP7200.2, DSP5200HC, M6, DSW, Sky HD, BDP103.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,165 Likes: 67
Meridian Partner Senior Shouting Officer
|
|
Meridian Partner Senior Shouting Officer
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,165 Likes: 67 |
Hi Tony,
Can you try hard wiring the BT Vision using a long ethernet cable rather than the ethernet over power adaptors?
(As a temporary solution to see if it works?)
Rick
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 331
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 331 |
Hi Rick
I have ordered an 5 port ethernet switch which I thought of connecting to the with the long lead and then connecting both the MC200 and the BT Vision+ box to the ethernet switch
Would this be the same as connecting the MC200 and the BT Vision+ box separately ?
Tony 861v6+OE34+LPS+ID41, HD621, MC200, DSP7200.2, DSP5200HC, M6, DSW, Sky HD, BDP103.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 331
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 331 |
Hi Rick and all
I have reconnected the MC200 directly to the BT Hub 2 with an ethernet cable and connected the BT Vision + with the supplied ethernet over power adapters, all ethernet connections with fixed IP address and all appears to be working fine.
Will report back if any further issues crop up and will try the ethernet switch when it arrives
Thanks all for the help and advice
Tony 861v6+OE34+LPS+ID41, HD621, MC200, DSP7200.2, DSP5200HC, M6, DSW, Sky HD, BDP103.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 331
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 331 |
Hi
The problem has returned can log on to Mac client but not ControlMac
MC200 has static address and ControlMac and solos helper enabled in MacBook firewall.
Can anyone explain why I can log on to client but not ControlMac
Ideas welcome
Tony 861v6+OE34+LPS+ID41, HD621, MC200, DSP7200.2, DSP5200HC, M6, DSW, Sky HD, BDP103.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 331
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 331 |
Some more information
Rebooting BTHH2 or the MC200 does not solve the problem
Disconnecting the ethernet cable to the MC200 and reconnecting solves the problem
Tony 861v6+OE34+LPS+ID41, HD621, MC200, DSP7200.2, DSP5200HC, M6, DSW, Sky HD, BDP103.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 322 Likes: 9
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 322 Likes: 9 |
Tony
I don't know 'why', however, I do know that the ports on BTHH2 have subtly different configs. Port 1 is different I believe and meant for BT Vision (as mention by a OpenReach engineer during a recent visit). Suggest trying a different port arrangement for your ethernet cables into BTHH2.
John
808v6, M60, MC200, HD621, Lumagen XE, 504, SB Touch, 563, 201, 204, 208, MPMAX 221, M80, Explorer, Explorer2.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 331
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 331 |
Hi
Moved BT Vision+ to Port 1 as suggested unfortunately did not solve problem
I know that Brooster connects with ControlMac by connecting with ethernet cable.
I am trying to connect with wireless.
I have a static IP address of 192.168.1.68
With this I can log on to the Control:Web client page but not the ControlMac page.
Tony 861v6+OE34+LPS+ID41, HD621, MC200, DSP7200.2, DSP5200HC, M6, DSW, Sky HD, BDP103.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 4,014
Vogon Civil Servant
|
|
Vogon Civil Servant
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 4,014 |
Have you excepted ControlMac and SooloosHelper in the OS Firewall??
-
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 331
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 331 |
Further info
The loss of connectivity to ControlMac happens whenever the lid is closed on the MacBook. If the lid is not closed I can quit ControlMac and relaunch ControlMac without any problem.
Rick of Audio Images suggested I disconnect BT Vision in case that was causing the problem.
However disconnected BT Vision and rebooted the BTHH2 so the only things connected were the
MacBook,MC200 and a WD MyWorld NAS but the problem remained.
So I suspect it is something to do with the 'sleep' state of the MacBook and the BT HH2.
Any ideas
Tony 861v6+OE34+LPS+ID41, HD621, MC200, DSP7200.2, DSP5200HC, M6, DSW, Sky HD, BDP103.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 331
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 331 |
Hi Ronnie
I have as you suggested earlier checked that ControlMac and SooloosHelper are 'allowed' in the firewall settings
Tony 861v6+OE34+LPS+ID41, HD621, MC200, DSP7200.2, DSP5200HC, M6, DSW, Sky HD, BDP103.
|
|
|
|
0 members (),
262
guests, and
4
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums18
Topics31,201
Posts297,162
Members5,503
| |
Most Online4,788 May 22nd, 2026
|
|
|
|