I wouldn't advise doing this Rick as then other Devices will find it even more difficult to find the Sooloos Core.......as the Router won't necessarily know that it's there, especially in some situations
The MC200 will Cabled back to the Router...........and the MC200 will grab its IP Address "Early" in the Process........and the Router should be / is intelligent enough to then not give out this address to any other Device
Hi Ronnie,
First paragraph, so why will devices find it more difficult to find just because it's not in the DHCP range?
I have always been taught to set static addresses outside the DHCP range?
Second paragraph
My assumption is that the router ISN'T intelligent enough here, and may be assigning the static address that it has assigned to the MC200 through MAC binding, to something else as well through DHCP. (incorrectly, and so causing IP conflicts)
I agree if it is working intelligently then there should be no problem, but it is interesting that Tony can get the unit working bu disconnecting and reconnecting the ethernet cable, which then seems to assign a new IP address to the MC200 (which it shouldn't as it should have bound it's MAC address to a static IP)
I also agree that setting to .100 would keep within the DHCP range, and prevent any DHCP conflicts, but I still would rather it be out of the DHCP range completely.
Please take these as nothing other than questions, I'm always keen to learn!
Rick