logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733
Likes: 88
Don't Panic!
Don't Panic!
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733
Likes: 88
Originally Posted by hecd2
I bet the sales of MC200s will shoot up and might well offset the rerduced sales of C15s
Particularly now there is a TwinStore replacement.


Roon Developer and ex-moderator of this Forum
I am #25 in the HH1 photo of fame.
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 4,014
Vogon Civil Servant
Vogon Civil Servant
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 4,014
Hi Joel
You'll obviously be going to one of these events.........you might let us know if anything interesting is said about these new releases..........

Especially about that very funny line that "We have no Plans for a Twin Store replacement" back in July last..........they were obviously practicing for the Edinburgh Festival

Meridian Partner Events


-
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733
Likes: 88
Don't Panic!
Don't Panic!
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733
Likes: 88
Originally Posted by Ronnie
Hi Joel
You'll obviously be going to one of these events.........
I'm not actually! My local Meridian dealer (Technosound in Milton Keynes) gave up their dealership, and Sounds Expensive in Rugby did the same before closing altogether.


Roon Developer and ex-moderator of this Forum
I am #25 in the HH1 photo of fame.
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 4,014
Vogon Civil Servant
Vogon Civil Servant
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 4,014
Sorry, thought you'd be in the queue to meet Victoria.........Meridian's new replacement for Rhonda


-
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,358
Likes: 2
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,358
Likes: 2
What exactly are you suggesting, Ronnie? wink


Ex-moderator
Sitting room: dCS Network Bridge, 818v3, HD621, 8kSE
Library: dCS Rossini Apex DAC/Clock, Clearaudio Performance Wood, Audio Research PH2, Mjölnir KGST, Mjölnir PureBipolar
SWMBO Room: 210, D33
Kitchen: RPi/RoonBridge, Genelec 6010 actives
Desk: Merging Anubis
Server: Roon/ROCK/NUC

Headphones: Stax SR-X9000, Stax SR-007, Stax SR-404LE, Audeze LCD-X...

Oldest audio file: 1889 Edison cylinder
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,036
Pan-dimensional being
Pan-dimensional being
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,036
I thought the C10s / C15s were ripping solutions, whereas the others were not? It will be a painless and reliable ripping solution that eventually gets my money.


.
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 4,014
Vogon Civil Servant
Vogon Civil Servant
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 4,014
Hi Rick at AudioImages
Do you have any more information or Screenshots about these New Meridian Products and Sooloos Apps, that you can share??

Especially now that they seem to be in the Public Domain anyway........

And I promise not to ask you how you feel about Meridian's July claims to you about there being "No Plans to replace the Twin Store storage" smile

Thanks


-
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,165
Likes: 67
Meridian Partner
Senior Shouting Officer
Meridian Partner
Senior Shouting Officer
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,165
Likes: 67
Hi Ronnie,

I might be able to rustle something up....

Yes I was suprised at having no notice of the new TwinStore, although it did seem an obvious product for them to release as the range really needed it.

Sooloos App I beleive is still in development, getting closer but not quite here yet.

I'll start new posts for each item.

Rick



Audio Images, 284 Glossop Road, Sheffield, England. Tel: 0114 273 7893
Website: www.audio-images.co.uk Email: Click here to email Rick
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 4,014
Vogon Civil Servant
Vogon Civil Servant
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 4,014
Thanks Rick
Much appreciate it

And I think everybody here sympathizes with the fact that you have the unenviable job or repeating the various Meridian "truths" at different times

Yes, the TwinStore replacement was obvious, even to Meridian's most ferocious competitors......so why go to the lengths of actually "lying" about it to you and other Dealers...........who in turn are forced to Lie to their loyal customers about there being No Plans........

The only hope is that Meridian understand the level of their Loyal Customers' FRUSTRATION at this attempt at "subterfuge" and are more honest with their customers in the future

Thanks for any information you can share on the new Meridian Products and Apps


-
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,036
Pan-dimensional being
Pan-dimensional being
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,036
Originally Posted by AppleMacSmith
I am surprised you have any money jobseeker !!

I don't - but my wife's credit card still has a little headroom left on it whistle

Hopefully, system tweaks virtually done now (squeezing it all into a sub 3m square room has caused certain logistical difficulties). Managed to cover most costs with the sale of other equipment fortunately. That leaves new TV and some kind of Ripping / Streaming solution to save for after this.


.
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 786
Likes: 1
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 786
Likes: 1
Originally Posted by JobSeeker
I thought the C10 / C15's were ripping solutions, whereas the others were not ?
Am I missing something? I rip with dBpoweramp in Hawaii and dump the file into the C15 when I get home.

Aloha,


Home: DSP8000's, DSP5500HC, DSP5200's, 861v6>v8+ID41, MC200, HD621.
Oppo BDP-83, Kuro PDP-6020FD, Sennheiser HD650.
Hawaii: Meridian F80 with i80, iPod Classic 160GB.
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,351
Likes: 1
Working on the ultimate question
Working on the ultimate question
Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,351
Likes: 1
Originally Posted by hecd2
Just what I've been waiting for - I never could get the C10/C15 thing - never wanted a desktop in my living room.

I bet the sales of MC200s will shoot up and might well offset the reduced sales of C15s

I thought my wife wouldn't like the C10 in the living room, but she actually thought it looked "nice". This is a major win, I actually didn't think I wanted a Control in my LR, but once bought, I think it's great. Of course, a programmable linux photo viewer that subscribes to Sonos (which someone has already implemented) would have been considerably cheaper.

I love being able to view album art via import date (I've been adding a lot of modern classical to my "static" collection recently but I appreciate that waxes and wanes...) .

My C10 has a serious motherboard issue, I will miss it when I pack it up to be repaired...but if the iPad app is released in the meantime perhaps I will relegate it to the basement or something :-)



Primary: 818v3+ID41, M6 stereo pair, M SpeakerLink cabling, Sonos+96kHz Cullen, silver DSW
HT: Marantz prepro, 271, DSP3300, 8K SE FL/FR pair, DSP M6x2, DSP320x4 (ceiling), black DSW, 520 RL/RR rear in-walls
Living Room: G65, 640 L/R in-walls, UHD722, MS600
Vac. Home: G61, HD621, 4xDSP3100, DSP3100HC
MDMS:NUC/ROCK+TrueNAS Core 12.0 ZFS file server
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (Mr_Sukebe), 1,250 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,816
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,203
Posts297,191
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.105s Queries: 40 (0.054s) Memory: 0.8881 MB (Peak: 2.2170 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-10 21:55:40 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS