|
|
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 32
Harmless
|
|
Harmless
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 32 |
Hello all, It has been years since I have been here. I do send others here that have questions but I have not had any issues till now. I do not know if any of you can help, but I will ask. My G68 stopped working last night. It will not lock to any inputs and I get no output beside static. I wanted to try to reload software but I do not seem to be able to do it. I do have the latest version 1.44 and thought I may be able to fix the issue with a fresh download. Any help would be appreciated Thanks
Last time I had an issue was with my 598 and Meridian tried to charge me $500.00 for a $39.00 dollar power supply. It cost $150.00 just to get it back with no repair being done.
Norton G68AXV
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,492
Senior Shouting Officer
|
|
Senior Shouting Officer
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,492 |
Sorry to hear of your woes. To what extent has your G68 stopped working?
Do you get the display menu? Does the Config program recognise the presence of your G68? Can you get into get calibration wizard and if so, can it play the test tones? Have you tried a reset? (page 26 of the manual)
Main system - Sources (Kodi-HTPC, Vero 4k, FireTV, Sat) into Trinnov Altitude 32 (8-16) (+Roon), Trinnov Amplitude 8 amp & Vivid Audio (Giya G3, V1.5) and REL Stentor III speakers. Others: F80 + Raspberry Pi and other Pi systems.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 32
Harmless
|
|
Harmless
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 32 |
Cliff,
I have display. I can connect with the config program and it is recognized. I can calabrate but there is no sound. Yes I reset and also figured out how to reloaded the software. I also deleted the old file and started from scratch. Still nothing.
Leo
Norton G68AXV
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,492
Senior Shouting Officer
|
|
Senior Shouting Officer
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,492 |
The lack of sound on the calibration is a bit ominous. Could be a back to base job and I would chat to your nearest dealer to get their input
Main system - Sources (Kodi-HTPC, Vero 4k, FireTV, Sat) into Trinnov Altitude 32 (8-16) (+Roon), Trinnov Amplitude 8 amp & Vivid Audio (Giya G3, V1.5) and REL Stentor III speakers. Others: F80 + Raspberry Pi and other Pi systems.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 32
Harmless
|
|
Harmless
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 32 |
I had a chance to talk with service through my dealer and they think it is the PSU even though it powers up. Must have mutli tap voltage output. I have changed the PSU in my 598 as stated earlier. Does anyone know the manufacturer and part number for the PSU in the G68? I do not think Meridian makes their own PSUs as they did not for the 598.
Norton G68AXV
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 32
Harmless
|
|
Harmless
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 32 |
Well I checked the PSU. It seems be fine, all wires have voltage. 32,5,5,2 VDC to PSU ground wire. I do not know if they are supposed to be that voltage though. I did see a damaged cap (bubble on the side) at the backboards power connection from the PSU. I can braze and soldering pipe all day but not very good at small contact points on a board. I must remember my limitation. Off the Meridian for repair it go's.
Norton G68AXV
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,492
Senior Shouting Officer
|
|
Senior Shouting Officer
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,492 |
That thread makes interesting reading and more than bit worrying. Did the 'how to change the G68 power supply' ever get written up in the Wiki? (I've just had a quick look and it's not obvious.)
It's a distinct possibility I may need to repair the power supply on my ageing G68 one day. Since the replacement power supply can be bought for �50 ($50+tax in the US), I would certainly want have a go at replacing it myself.
Main system - Sources (Kodi-HTPC, Vero 4k, FireTV, Sat) into Trinnov Altitude 32 (8-16) (+Roon), Trinnov Amplitude 8 amp & Vivid Audio (Giya G3, V1.5) and REL Stentor III speakers. Others: F80 + Raspberry Pi and other Pi systems.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 32
Harmless
|
|
Harmless
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 32 |
My service person is ordering the parts to replace the PSU and the caps. If this is not the problem, does anyone know or think Meridian will have an issue with us trying to repair it first? BTW thanks for the help.
Norton G68AXV
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 32
Harmless
|
|
Harmless
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 32 |
One more question about the PSU. The PSU in the G68 Part # is A065T2C1, 65 Watt I assume. Cannot be located on the web. The one in the threads is ECM40UT31 and is a 40 watt PSU. The same as the one in my 598. I would think that a ECM60UT31 at 60 watt would be closer match. I can get either just thought I would ask.
Norton G68AXV
|
|
|
|
Forums18
Topics31,202
Posts297,182
Members5,503
| |
Most Online4,788 May 22nd, 2026
|
|
|
|