Have to agree with Ian. On the surface all seems perfect but the reality is a little different. My recent dealings with a MacBook Pro that suffered the infamous screen of death is a case in point. Now I do applaud Apple for standing up and taking full responsibility for a 3rd party component, in this particular case the Invidia graphics card, but it took a class action lawsuit to get them to do the right thing. My computer was 3 years old when it succumbed. Took it in to the local store and left it for repairs ie new graphics card. Got it back a week later fixed, but now suffering from another issue on the screen that wasn't there originally. Took it back and Apple basically wouldn't accept responsibility for causing the the problem. Since it doesn't affect the day to day normal use I didn't escalate things. Its also a work computer that probably had some influence on my decision not to follow up.
That said I have always been and always will be an Apple owner. Can't stand those flaky PC's and infuriating MS OS systems.....I only wish I'd bought stock at $16/share back in the mid '90's.