|
|
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,358 Likes: 2
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,358 Likes: 2 |
Ex-moderator Sitting room: dCS Network Bridge, 818v3, HD621, 8kSE Library: dCS Rossini Apex DAC/Clock, Clearaudio Performance Wood, Audio Research PH2, Mjölnir KGST, Mjölnir PureBipolar SWMBO Room: 210, D33 Kitchen: RPi/RoonBridge, Genelec 6010 actives Desk: Merging Anubis Server: Roon/ROCK/NUC Headphones: Stax SR-X9000, Stax SR-007, Stax SR-404LE, Audeze LCD-X...
Oldest audio file: 1889 Edison cylinder
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,703 Likes: 4
Knows where his towel is
|
|
Knows where his towel is
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,703 Likes: 4 |
Apple's problem is arrogance. This comes from the top down. Remember the iPhone 4 antenna business? Why didn't they just admit there was a problem instead of criticising how customers held the phone? They issue firmware updates for the phones which suddenly transform 3 day battery life into 10 hours but say it must be your apps. Then they release another version of the firmware which doesn't have this problem but don't apologise.
P.S. I have an iPad and iPhone...
Malcolm
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,001 Likes: 10
Knows where his towel is
|
|
Knows where his towel is
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,001 Likes: 10 |
I love the products, and have to say that the customer service has always impressed me, had a macbook replaced out of warranty, had an iPhone replace after it was dropped and told that they would only do it free of charge once, and generally been really impressed, but small things niggle me.
Took a trackpad into the store on Friday, it was just dead. Was told that I could come back at 4.20 for an advisor appointment. 'But is is now 2pm, and I just want to return it cause its faulty' 'But need to make an appointment Sir.' 'No, you deal with it, you're free.' 'I'm not a Genius though Sir.' 'hmmmm, no comment!'
Seriously, [censored] like that just annoys me!
Bought a product, doesn't work, trapse into the city to change it and told I need to wait around for 2 hours plus to get a 'genius' to take a look at it.
No Darling, I've had it months!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,358 Likes: 2
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,358 Likes: 2 |
I had the same with a magic mouse and they changed it on the spot without any question or any appointment. Neither statment proves anything.
The problem with discussions like these is that everyone airs their grievances and all the totally mundane things which just work out fine never get mentioned. It's not very productive really. And it's almost entirely OT...
Ex-moderator Sitting room: dCS Network Bridge, 818v3, HD621, 8kSE Library: dCS Rossini Apex DAC/Clock, Clearaudio Performance Wood, Audio Research PH2, Mjölnir KGST, Mjölnir PureBipolar SWMBO Room: 210, D33 Kitchen: RPi/RoonBridge, Genelec 6010 actives Desk: Merging Anubis Server: Roon/ROCK/NUC Headphones: Stax SR-X9000, Stax SR-007, Stax SR-404LE, Audeze LCD-X...
Oldest audio file: 1889 Edison cylinder
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,001 Likes: 10
Knows where his towel is
|
|
Knows where his towel is
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,001 Likes: 10 |
I was saying that I have always been really impressed with Apple, but just occasionally they do something that just doesn't make sense, so if you are that odd occasion you will probably think they suck, if you are the other 99% you will probably think they are great.
No Darling, I've had it months!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,358 Likes: 2
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,358 Likes: 2 |
Ex-moderator Sitting room: dCS Network Bridge, 818v3, HD621, 8kSE Library: dCS Rossini Apex DAC/Clock, Clearaudio Performance Wood, Audio Research PH2, Mjölnir KGST, Mjölnir PureBipolar SWMBO Room: 210, D33 Kitchen: RPi/RoonBridge, Genelec 6010 actives Desk: Merging Anubis Server: Roon/ROCK/NUC Headphones: Stax SR-X9000, Stax SR-007, Stax SR-404LE, Audeze LCD-X...
Oldest audio file: 1889 Edison cylinder
|
|
|
|
Forums18
Topics31,202
Posts297,181
Members5,503
| |
Most Online4,788 May 22nd, 2026
|
|
|
|