|
|
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 31
Harmless
|
|
Harmless
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 31 |
I have just bought a second hand Meridian MF10 Projector. It already looks way better than the picture on my previous Sony VPL VW100 processor but I am wondering whether to replace my scaler too. I am currently using a Faroudja branded DVP-1080 scaler, using an HD621 for HDMI switching duty. Is there a specific Meridian branded scaler that is optimised for this projector? The Meridian press release for the MF10 seems to suggest that the DVP 1080MF is optimised for it but it looks like a connection-lite version of my Faroudja. Any recommendations?
G68, HD621, DSP5000(x3), DSP420(x4), MF10, DVP1080
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,165 Likes: 67
Meridian Partner Senior Shouting Officer
|
|
Meridian Partner Senior Shouting Officer
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,165 Likes: 67 |
Hi,
I think your scaler is a great match for your new projector already.
I'd spend any available funds on upgrading your front DSP5000 speakers, or of course, you could always buy loads of popcorn instead and sit back and enjoy some movies!
Cheers,
Rick
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733 Likes: 88
Don't Panic!
|
|
Don't Panic!
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733 Likes: 88 |
I think your scaler is a great match for your new projector already. Sorry Rick, but IIRC, the DVP-1080 scales 1080p to 720p to apply processing and then re-scales it back to 1080p. Even if this is a later version which has more bandwidth, it is an extremely limited scaler which won't even be able to correct the MF10's (JVC HD1's) gamut. I'm pretty sure that the William Phelps calibration only deals with white-field uniformity and is not capable of gamut correction. Get a Lumagen Radiance. The XS will do nicely. YMMV.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,198
Pan-dimensional being
|
|
Pan-dimensional being
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,198 |
DSP6000, 5500 centre, SW5500. Kef surrounds. G61R, HD621, MS600, MC200, G55, Lumgen,Oppo bluray player, Bluesound Node Icon
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 31
Harmless
|
|
Harmless
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 31 |
Thanks for the recommendations gentlemen.
G68, HD621, DSP5000(x3), DSP420(x4), MF10, DVP1080
|
|
|
|
0 members (),
733
guests, and
3
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums18
Topics31,203
Posts297,191
Members5,503
| |
Most Online4,788 May 22nd, 2026
|
|
|
|