Hi Ronnie,
Thanks for the very thorough analysis. This is very helpful to keep to my frugal nature.
Of course if I go with an MC200 I will be using the analog out not speakerlink or SPDIF. I assume it upsamples and Apodizes before converting to analog as well?
I have no doubt that the Mini would match the MC200 digital out but I believe the sound differences would be due to the DAC that will be used.
I would have to add a DAC to the final cost of the Mac Mini system as well. So the question is, what price range of DAC will match the MC200 analog out.
Is it $500, $1000, $2000, in addition to the $1300?
For example a CDQ is $1300 bringing the total to $2600.

Last edited by Pauli; 2011-07-06 05:56.

Linn Genki (cd), Linn LP12 - SimAudio Celeste P5003 (preamp) - Dynaudio Focus 110A (Active speakers). Meridian Wannabe.