|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505 Likes: 78 |
Hi Paul,
My advice, forget spinning silver disks and go the audio server route; it will open up you music collection. If you go with the MC200 is will sound great, but it can be improved upon by adding a MS600 later down the line, this would further boost audio quality to that approaching Meridian's flagship CD player / preamp the 808.3.
These been a lot of discussion on MC200 and MS600 in for forum, I suggest you do a search and read the posts. I think they may help you for an opinion of these products.
I can't comment on the AudioLab CDQ, I've never heard one.
I can say that the audio quality from a MC200 will outperform that from a PowerBook even via a USB interface.
Perhaps one of our Apple fans could step in here, I suspect they would tell you to get an ATV version 1.
Regards, Carl
861v6+ID40, HD621, 8000.2, 7200HC, 7200.2, SKYQ Silver, PS3, PDP-LX6090, QNAP TS870-Pro (8*6TB), Roon, iPadAir2. [In Reserve] C15, MD600 (2*3TB), TwinStore RM (2*2TB)
|