logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 17 1 2 3 4 … 16 17
Ludwig #133324 2011-01-01 14:31
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,358
Likes: 2
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,358
Likes: 2
I am no sort of salesman. I was just using it as shorthand for "The thing which will keep people buying Sooloos despite the heavy competition."


Ex-moderator
Sitting room: dCS Network Bridge, 818v3, HD621, 8kSE
Library: dCS Rossini Apex DAC/Clock, Clearaudio Performance Wood, Audio Research PH2, Mjölnir KGST, Mjölnir PureBipolar
SWMBO Room: 210, D33
Kitchen: RPi/RoonBridge, Genelec 6010 actives
Desk: Merging Anubis
Server: Roon/ROCK/NUC

Headphones: Stax SR-X9000, Stax SR-007, Stax SR-404LE, Audeze LCD-X...

Oldest audio file: 1889 Edison cylinder
Ludwig #133326 2011-01-01 14:40
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733
Likes: 88
Don't Panic!
Don't Panic!
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733
Likes: 88
Any plans for:

1) Spotify integration.
2) iPlayer integration.
3) M80 + Sooloos.

I don't care that "Meridian doesn't do roadmaps". A certain group of people won't be buying Sooloos until such roadmaps and features exist.


Roon Developer and ex-moderator of this Forum
I am #25 in the HH1 photo of fame.
Ludwig #133334 2011-01-01 16:53
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 2,534
Great Green Arkleseizure
Great Green Arkleseizure
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 2,534
Originally Posted by MrMarbach
What do Meridian see the Sooloos's USP to be right now? How do Meridian see Sooloos keeping it, bearing in mind the tough competition?
There are lots of options for the computer literate who don't mind ripping their CDs on a computer and running a server or maintaining a NAS. Now for the individual who is not computer literate or just doesn't want the hassle, there are many fewer options.

I look at Sooloos a bit like Kadeliscape. Sure, you can build an HTPC and rip all your DVDs and Blu-rays using AnyDVD and your ripper of choice, experiment with a variety of menu and playback software options, set up a multi-terabyte RAID, etc., but if you can afford Kalidescape is that really what you want to do with your time?

Let's not lose site of Meridian's primary market.

It also just happens that Meridian's touch screen interface, search paradigm and sound quality are exceptional.


561, DSP5500s, DSP5000C, analog sides and rears
Ludwig #133354 2011-01-02 03:32
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,941
Likes: 9
Knows where his towel is
Knows where his towel is
Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,941
Likes: 9
Frank

Please could you ask when appodising will be delivered for non-SL 8ks.

And more flexible bass management for the 861v6 would be nice. And a standby indicator.

Many thanks.


Asa Post
Ludwig #133365 2011-01-02 05:11
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,815
Likes: 87
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,815
Likes: 87
Hi Asa,
just wonder why you want apodizing in 8k's if you run an 861v6 ?

I don't recall anyone claiming that apodizing in 7200 or 5200 has revolutionised the sound.

cheers


Rgds,
Nick


Ludwig #133367 2011-01-02 05:19
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 866
Likes: 2
Pan-dimensional being
Pan-dimensional being
Offline
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 866
Likes: 2
If you do not want to be lied to, I would not bother asking for any firmware updates ...

Ludwig #133368 2011-01-02 05:24
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569
Likes: 13
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569
Likes: 13
AS I understand it, you Apodise Once and as early as possible.

So if you have an Apodising Player, its done.

If you use a processer with Apodising, its done for other Non apodised sources played through the processor.

If you have just a source and DSP Speakers, they (The Speakers) can Apodise as well.

Have I got this correct?

Cheers Chris smile


No 18 in the Hall of fame smile I have simple tastes; I am content to settle for the best:
GIK monster bass panels, rear wall. QNAP TVS 471i3. Roon into DSP5200SE via 210/ 218 zone... Explorer 2. Bluesound Pulse 2, Mini & Flex. 596v1, 518, Foxsat HD, Sony BDP, Pioneer 5090, 2 Chromecast's for LRB videos. MS200 to F80 for a Roon zone

Evdberg #133386 2011-01-02 08:32
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 8,364
Likes: 14
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 8,364
Likes: 14
Originally Posted by Evdberg
If you do not want to be lied to, I would not bother asking for any firmware updates ...

And if they have to "approve" your answers I would not bother asking any questions. It only makes things worse.


- Fiddler (IMHO)

If you think listening to music is fun, try learning an instrument.
HT: G61RSL, 4x5K, 5.5KHC, 2xSC6000, Transporter, HD621, Philips BDP7501 4K, Tivo, 65" LG OLED 4K C6
Computer: Foobar2000, 5K, Mojo, HiFiMan HE1000 V2
Evdberg #133423 2011-01-02 12:56
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 2,534
Great Green Arkleseizure
Great Green Arkleseizure
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 2,534
Originally Posted by Evdberg
If you do not want to be lied to, I would not bother asking for any firmware updates ...
I see no harm in asking. Who knows, they may have good news for us. smile


561, DSP5500s, DSP5000C, analog sides and rears
Ludwig #133424 2011-01-02 13:07
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733
Likes: 88
Don't Panic!
Don't Panic!
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733
Likes: 88
How about "do they intend to answer the HH2 questions and, if so, when?"?

Sorry, I have very little time for Meridian as a company any more.


Roon Developer and ex-moderator of this Forum
I am #25 in the HH1 photo of fame.
VirusKiller #133425 2011-01-02 13:10
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 4,579
Likes: 22
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 4,579
Likes: 22
Originally Posted by VirusKiller
Sorry, I have very little time for Meridian as a company any more.

That's shocking, with you being an employee.... grin

Cheers

George

ncpl #133482 2011-01-03 07:58
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,941
Likes: 9
Knows where his towel is
Knows where his towel is
Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,941
Likes: 9
Originally Posted by ncpl
Hi Asa,
just wonder why you want apodizing in 8k's if you run an 861v6 ?

I don't recall anyone claiming that apodizing in 7200 or 5200 has revolutionised the sound.

cheers

We read in another thread that Ronnie prefers decoding bitstream in the processor (861) rather than at source. Would it not therefore be nice if that signal could be distributed to 8ks with apodising? What do you think?

Although no-one talked about apodising revolutionising the sound of 5k2s (the 7k2s were of course born with it, so we cannot make the comparison)I think most people were pleased with the upgrade. Though I would agree that there was no general and sustained outburst of gratitude for a free upgrade, and any feelings of goodwill seem to have long since evaporated.

But I do think it odd that apodising should have been given to non-SL 5k2s, and not the 8ks which represented a far greater commitment to the brand on the part of their owners.

Last edited by Asa Post; 2011-01-03 08:19. Reason: added question

Asa Post
Page 2 of 17 1 2 3 4 … 16 17

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 465 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,815
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,202
Posts297,181
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.060s Queries: 39 (0.033s) Memory: 0.8906 MB (Peak: 2.2161 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-07 15:37:32 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS