Originally Posted by dr.bill
The Dune is an easy to navigate MEDIA PLAYER that allows you to view a variety of files either from it's internal HD, Bluray spinner (if you go that route) and more importantly it networks into your media server (if you have one).

To date Dune is the best for Media Streaming. You can also create a fairly involved MOVIE DATABASE w/ poster art and imdb info for each movie.

When I compared image quality between the BDP83 and my Dune Prime 3.0 on a Kuro screen I found PQ indistinguishable. So the Oppo was sold that day and the Dune has been a flawless media player since.

I am curious if the BDP-93 is attempting to position as a TRUE media player v. the Dune. I have my doubts at this stage, but I wonder how the PQ of the newest SIGMA chipset will fare against both the Dune 3.0 and the BDP-93.

Dr. Bill

I appreciate the response...media servers / media players are not things that I aminterested in at this point [perhaps that makes me old school and behind the eight ball] bur for the time being I will stick with my Oppo BDP-93 [inclusive of netflix streaming] and my HD HDTV Cable provider...

I will also add that the idea of creating a library is also not the least bit inviting to me...I have created a very accurate, extensive and deatiled music library for my SONOS and the though of taking on another project re: video has zero appeal to me...

With the new home theatre nearing completion the only thing I really want to do is walk in the room slap in a blu-ray of turn on a football game and sit back and enjoy...I am more than happy to view media that is delivered but have no desire to create a calaog or library...again, this is just me...

Thanks for the helpful explanantion...



Audio: Triad Monitor Golds, Surround Golds, Silver Subwoofers; Procella P-18 Subwoofer; QSC DCA 16622s, 1644, 3422, BASIS 922uz; ADA MACH IV B
Other: APC S-15s; Crestron
Sources and Video: Ran out of characters .....................