I have to accept that Meridian's marketing strategy is their decision, but it scares me. It seems to me that I am not their market and I buy their gear at my risk for present and future support.

I worry about the lifestyle target market. I bought my iPhone when Steve Jobs said that it is the only smart phone that has a manual thinner than the phone. And he was right, I have never had to use the manual, the unit is so intitive. That is my definition of successfully marketing to the lifestyle market segment. Meridian's approach of not providing a manual that is worth a darn doesn't work when you really really need one to set up their gear and this forum has had to fill the void of a lack of a decent manual.

Meridian has also closed the door to buying from any but your local dealer. I can no longer buy from the US as I did in the past and I can not even buy from this US dealer when I am in Hawaii as he is not allowed to sell out of state.

I am addicted to my DSP's but any upstream purchase brings on an anxiety attack.



Home: DSP8000's, DSP5500HC, DSP5200's, 861v6>v8+ID41, MC200, HD621.
Oppo BDP-83, Kuro PDP-6020FD, Sennheiser HD650.
Hawaii: Meridian F80 with i80, iPod Classic 160GB.