Originally Posted by MalcolmW
Ah, that's because you are (presumably!) not the 30 year old Porsche driving (upgrading to Mclaren soon) marketing guy who is advising Meridian now.


no, not a porsche/mclaren driving bank executive (sadly), but then this DSP3200 is the bottom of the range speaker. surely the banking exec is looking to spend his bonus[1] on a set of DSP8000's. the 3200 is surely designed to bring people into the fold. the great thing about the DSP speakers in general is that you could just have a CD player and a pair of DSP speakers and have a great 3 box setup. if the 3200's don't have a coax input then it's not the best introduction to the fold.

Originally Posted by MalcolmW
Sorry to be so cynical but I am really wondering if persisting with Meridian gear is worth it any more. You see, I'm not really interested in Sooloos servers, M80 style portables etc. I just want updated conventional components with improved usabilty (e.g. web based setup and firmware updating).

Sigh...


I do worry about it too. I only got into Meridian recently so I can't claim to be any expert, but Meridian is the kind of audio company that encourages an "all-in" approach to following the path, which is fine as long as you agree with the how the path is looking. but right now, I've no idea where the path is going or if Meridian even want me on that path, which is not encouraging.

I'm kind of bought-in to them at the moment, with a processor, HD621 and 3 speakers, but if my whole system got zapped by lightning (for example, not that I want it to) and I had insurance money to spend, there's no guarantee that I'd go for Meridian again. this is no argument with the sound of the Meridian gear which is very good. it's more a concern about what Meridian are doing and whether they would continue to support me as a customer.

dave

[1] not that I mean to be down on bankers.


Lounge: LG 55B6v, Some Denon receiver, Anthony Gallo Reference AV mains, Totem Dreamcatcher centre, SVS PC-4000, AppleTV4K
Office: Audioquest Dragonfly, Cyrus 6DAC, Monitor Audio CPW Gold
Headphones: NuForce HDP, Audeze LCD-2, Sennheiser HD6XX, B&O H6mk2