|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505 Likes: 78 |
Reading your previous posts again, I shall assume:
G68 (coax output) 8000.2 (SpeakerLink and coax inputs) 5200HC (only coax inputs)
Without converters (and running coax) G68 ----SPDIF+COMMS----> 8000.2 G68 ----SPDIF+COMMS----> 5200HC
With converters (so you can run CAT5) G68 --SPDIF+COMMS--> AC11 --CAT5--> 8000.2 G68 --SPDIF+COMMS--> " "" " --CAT5--> AC12 --> 5200HC
I guess you want to run CAT5 now to future proof your music/HT room. However, I think you would be better running CAT5 AND Coax in one hit. Then use the most suitable cable for the equipment you have connected to it at that time.
It is better in both cost and performance to avoid AC11 & AC12 (or DIY versions) where possible and only use them when you have to convert from one format to another.
Hope this helps.
Regards, Carl
861v6+ID40, HD621, 8000.2, 7200HC, 7200.2, SKYQ Silver, PS3, PDP-LX6090, QNAP TS870-Pro (8*6TB), Roon, iPadAir2. [In Reserve] C15, MD600 (2*3TB), TwinStore RM (2*2TB)
|