LP12 with a Rega arm?
Burn the Heretic...

Excellent! To be honest, I couldn't afford an Ittok when I bought the LP12 (used) in 1986. The Rega was the lowest cost option at the time, and although it was obviously not the done thing, it always sounded good enough to be workable. Indeed, it saw off my first two CD players for sound quality (from 1989) and it was only with the arrival of the Meridian 206B in 1991 that (for me) CD was now on a level playing field. A very different sound, to be sure, but equally valid musically. From then on it was CDs, so all of my vinyl is pre 1991. I have toyed with upgrading to something lovely new and shiny, but with a static collection of 400 albums, there seems little point. So it soldiers on!
Cheers
George
PS Ooh, and I've just hit 1600 posts! That's two short of 3000, if you count my "lost" 1398 posts when the forum went a bit haywire a few years back!