|
|
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 434 Likes: 6
Paranoid android
|
|
Paranoid android
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 434 Likes: 6 |
I have a couple of questions regarding the HD621.Im running my computer as a source at the moment (still waiting on Bluray)through my621 but i am experienced some glitches with it .The source basically is a ati video card 4650 HDMI into presently the DVD input on my HD621 im been through the wizards ,setup my 568 is configured right but iam receiving no audio , no picture/ there is a signal there for the picture/sound and the processor reads it but it remains dark and silent ! any suggestions guys? thankyou.
Last edited by justin; 2010-07-31 21:59.
818.3 , DSP8000SE, MacPro (the little bin), Virgin box, Sony XR77A80K, Missing Link Reference HCX cables, Townshend speaker support...
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 80
Mostly harmless
|
|
Mostly harmless
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 80 |
I had a similar problem with my ATI card on the computer. I think that the HD621 doesn't give the computer an EDID signal that there is a monitor attached so the ATI card turns off the HDMI port (I am using Windows 7) I ended up purchasing a product from Gefen called and HDMI Detective Plus. It is basically a pass-through box with HDMI in and HDMI out that tricks the PC into thinking that there is a proper audio/video device attached at all times. That way you can power down you system without having the re-boot your PC. The device comes with some standard EDID codes on board that are selected by DIP switches or you can attach it to a monitor or AV device and it can record the EDID from that device (which is the only time it needs power, otherwise it operates without a separate power cable.) Don't mean to sound like a pitchman for Gefen but it did allow me to get my PC and HD621 to get along peacefully!
John
861v8, HD621, 7.1 analog speakers.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 3,140 Likes: 24
Hooloovoo
|
|
Hooloovoo
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 3,140 Likes: 24 |
Just a thought but try putting your computer through the DVDO first. I recently conencted my laptop via HDMI to a DVDO VP50. The laptop recognised the VP50 fine and gave a very nice picture into my plasma.
What I didn't solve is getting sound over HDMI and through the VP50. I suspect a laptop config issue. Any thoughts anyone?
In the spirit of Spinaltap, I would like to confirm that I am not involved in the corrupt theft of a global sport.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 8,364 Likes: 14
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 8,364 Likes: 14 |
Just a thought but try putting your computer through the DVDO first. I recently conencted my laptop via HDMI to a DVDO VP50. The laptop recognised the VP50 fine and gave a very nice picture into my plasma.
What I didn't solve is getting sound over HDMI and through the VP50. I suspect a laptop config issue. Any thoughts anyone? Do you get sound on the plasma if laptop is directly connected to plasma?
- Fiddler (IMHO)
If you think listening to music is fun, try learning an instrument. HT: G61RSL, 4x5K, 5.5KHC, 2xSC6000, Transporter, HD621, Philips BDP7501 4K, Tivo, 65" LG OLED 4K C6 Computer: Foobar2000, 5K, Mojo, HiFiMan HE1000 V2
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 434 Likes: 6
Paranoid android
|
|
Paranoid android
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 434 Likes: 6 |
That makes perfect sense d thankyou.Although it did list HD621 in the display properties (windows 7) and the resolution had been changed something was going on i had big 88K on the processor i think it initiates a handshakes then kind of disconnects frustrating never occurred to me it wouldn't work.I checked out the gefen thankyou for that unfortunately my budget is wrapped up in the next purchase a Bluray player so.There must a way of fooling the computer without the gefen to thinking the HD621 is connected to a valid display though?
818.3 , DSP8000SE, MacPro (the little bin), Virgin box, Sony XR77A80K, Missing Link Reference HCX cables, Townshend speaker support...
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 434 Likes: 6
Paranoid android
|
|
Paranoid android
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 434 Likes: 6 |
That never occurred to me george I dont have speakers only a display ,but I do have a headphone socket so ill try that thankyou let you know how I get on!
818.3 , DSP8000SE, MacPro (the little bin), Virgin box, Sony XR77A80K, Missing Link Reference HCX cables, Townshend speaker support...
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 434 Likes: 6
Paranoid android
|
|
Paranoid android
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 434 Likes: 6 |
fixed it just a matter of going into the device manager ect .Anyway hearing the HD621 for the first time with spotify .oooooooh nice toy! (thankyou for all your help guys )
818.3 , DSP8000SE, MacPro (the little bin), Virgin box, Sony XR77A80K, Missing Link Reference HCX cables, Townshend speaker support...
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505 Likes: 78
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505 Likes: 78 |
Hi Justin,
Can you tells us what you did in the device manager, as this might be helpfull to others that stumble across the same problem.
Regards, Carl
861v6+ID40, HD621, 8000.2, 7200HC, 7200.2, SKYQ Silver, PS3, PDP-LX6090, QNAP TS870-Pro (8*6TB), Roon, iPadAir2. [In Reserve] C15, MD600 (2*3TB), TwinStore RM (2*2TB)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 434 Likes: 6
Paranoid android
|
|
Paranoid android
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 434 Likes: 6 |
ok, basicly I have my generic graphic/sound device that came on the board with the computer ,I have fitted a asus soundcard and a ati 4650 graphics card ..
I had previously configured my computer to send HDMI fead to my display ,but I had turned of the audio part of the signal.
The audio was handled by my asus xonar high end card via dig coax to my processor .
to enable my ati graphics to perform audio and video I initiated the following:
my computer , system properties, device manager, sound video and game contollers disable asus,enable ati ,
Video and audio to HD621 , HD621 takes care of the rest ....
818.3 , DSP8000SE, MacPro (the little bin), Virgin box, Sony XR77A80K, Missing Link Reference HCX cables, Townshend speaker support...
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 8,364 Likes: 14
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 8,364 Likes: 14 |
I suspect what you could have done is just made the ATI the "Default" Audio Device. Basically you gave it no choice to make it Default by only allowing one be enabled.
- Fiddler (IMHO)
If you think listening to music is fun, try learning an instrument. HT: G61RSL, 4x5K, 5.5KHC, 2xSC6000, Transporter, HD621, Philips BDP7501 4K, Tivo, 65" LG OLED 4K C6 Computer: Foobar2000, 5K, Mojo, HiFiMan HE1000 V2
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 434 Likes: 6
Paranoid android
|
|
Paranoid android
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 434 Likes: 6 |
exactly george switch off the other 2 devices leave only the ati device enabled that way it cant switch between the asus ans ati the only thing I have to try now is routing it through a HDMI splitter .This is for my Bluray player so I can watch movies through projector and pioneer display. Should be ok , I hope!
818.3 , DSP8000SE, MacPro (the little bin), Virgin box, Sony XR77A80K, Missing Link Reference HCX cables, Townshend speaker support...
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 80
Mostly harmless
|
|
Mostly harmless
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 80 |
Justin,
I was able to get my ATI card and HD621 to work intermittently without the HDMI detective but it seemed that whenever I would select another source or turn my system off, I would have to reboot the PC to get music working again with the HD621 set to the proper source before the reboot or the ATI would turn off the HDMI port. And that wouldn't work all of the time. So it was kind of a crap shoot as to whether it would work when I was ready to listen to some music. Since installing the Gefen I have no problems. Understand about the budget though.
John
861v8, HD621, 7.1 analog speakers.
|
|
|
|
Forums18
Topics31,204
Posts297,193
Members5,503
| |
Most Online4,788 May 22nd, 2026
|
|
|
|