Originally Posted by Ronnie Hurley
** Apodizing to 24/88 in the HD621 is better than Upsampling in the 861 (Meridian "HS=On" option) to 24/88

But

** Apodizing to 24/88 in the 808.2i results in better music replay compared to the same source via HDMI into the HD621
How does the G08.2 compare to the 808.2?

On a side-note, the whole time everybody is talking about the Meridian filter being an apodizing filter. However, Meridian calls it, and I quote from their documentation; "a filter with ‘apodizing-like` qualities". I have done quite some research lately and it is impossible to make a filter that is both without pre-echo and apodizing. Since the filter in Audio Remaster is a true apodizing filter, it turns out impossible to change it to remove the pre-echo. I guess M says their filter to have apodizing-like qualities because using minimum phase technique the phase shift will be minimal in the lower frequencies.