Sorry, I was being a bit pedantic.
However, I hear this all the time. Someone gets an expert in, they are positive they can get a design in for x amount and then when it comes down to it, the price doubles or triples.
I still don't get you post and your replies though, you asked whether you should drop the in wall stuff etc. and go with a fixed screen and something like the DSP 5200's, then when people say they would do that, you say....
.....I appreciate all the advise given so far but that the focus should be on the solution to the problem and not on the kit itself meaning that while comments about in-walls vs in-room, fixed screens vs masked screens etc. are appreciated they are not the *MAJOR* part of the issue that I am attempting to resolve as the kit has been specified by Anthony Grimani who I have full and complete faith in...
So is changing the kit an option or not??
I don't know Anthony Grimani, from the info I can find he seems to own a company selling acoustic treatment, is that right??
Over here in Europe, if we get someone to design a room for us they generally work with suppliers and builders to come back with an design that fits within our original budget. It sounds like this guy just got a little over excited and went a bit overboard with the design and the kit.
I have heard and seen some serious rooms, they look great, and have some seriously top end kit in them, decent 3 chip DLPs that cinemas use for �250k, and commercial amps and speakers for another �100k, however, the overall image is not as nice as JVCs domestic designed DiLA for 25 times less money, (the new 990 is just stunning!!) and the sound although impressive for a cinema gets seriously tiring compared with things like the DSP5200's etc.
I have you been to a room set up with the kit that has been specced. for you?
Have you actually demoed this stuff properly??
How many builders have you got quotes from and what have they said to you after haggling??
Without more info I guess none of us can give any real advice.
We don't know a kit list, we don't know the room dimensions, we don't know the building and what it is made of, we don't know who is doing the work and whether you sourced them or the installer did etc. etc.
Off the top of my head I would guess a custom installer company would charge around �35k for the building work (around $60k). I would guess a small team of builders going off your plans would do it for less than half that and do most of the electrics too.
Regarding the 'can be bettered comment'.
I have heard very mixed reviews on those Triad speakers, they are great if you have no choice other than in walls, however, most agree that if you can put a proper speaker in you will get better results and for less money.
Same with the screen, you need to spend serious money on a non fixed screen to get the same results as the same material on a fixed frame.
Sounds like it should be a good room when done, so best of luck with it.