logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 3,140
Likes: 24
Hooloovoo
Hooloovoo
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 3,140
Likes: 24
Is it churlish of me to consider the capital cost, RoI model and risk factor of this compared with funding a couple of people to answer the phone to assist those of us who have already purchased something?


In the spirit of Spinaltap, I would like to confirm that I am not involved in the corrupt theft of a global sport.
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733
Likes: 88
Don't Panic!
Don't Panic!
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733
Likes: 88
gianni, I know where you're coming from, but Meridian's (Muse's) plan is clearly to sell expensive kit to the very rich. However, I shudder to think how Meridian will respond if too many of these sheiks or footballers or movie stars have problems with their kit. I mean, those two in the Bangkok store don't exactly know anything about Meridian, do they?


Roon Developer and ex-moderator of this Forum
I am #25 in the HH1 photo of fame.
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 2,161
Likes: 4
Senior Shouting Officer
Senior Shouting Officer
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 2,161
Likes: 4
Originally Posted by gianni
Is it churlish of me to consider the capital cost, RoI model and risk factor of this compared with funding a couple of people to answer the phone to assist those of us who have already purchased something?


+1

I can just see it now ; " Tom Cruise in my Meridian 7200hc tweeter don't work shock " laugh

Maybe I should hire a publicist ......


~M~


Mostly harmless. Comfortably numb.
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 268
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 268
Originally Posted by VirusKiller
... but Meridian's (Muse's) plan is clearly to sell expensive kit to the very rich. However, I shudder to think how Meridian will respond if too many of these sheiks or footballers or movie stars have problems with their kit.
VK that is a very important issue that has concerned me. I fear that will remain a serious issue for M unless they dramatically improve the functioning of their equipment before its release and the speed of dealing with problems that may still arise. I am not one of the "sheiks or footballers or movie stars".

Note in the gallery the grand AV demo room with x2 7200s and a 7200HC below a flat screen and therefore with the treble height below the L and R speakers.

To what extent is that arrangement determined by the appearance of the layout to impress the "sheiks or footballers or movie stars" or the sound and vision? I like the appearance but what audio compromise did they realise they introduced?

Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733
Likes: 88
Don't Panic!
Don't Panic!
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733
Likes: 88
Originally Posted by M Music
Note in the gallery the grand AV demo room with x2 7200s and a 7200HC below a flat screen and therefore with the treble height below the L and R speakers.
I actually like the demo room (for once) - it's got a 2.35:1 aspect screen, the kit looks great and, in silver, your attention is really drawn to it (which is precisely the idea in a demo room). Obviously, in a home cave, black speakers would be better.

At HH2, Bob and Rhonda weren't concerned about the centre speaker tweeter alignment (for Trifield at least).

Last edited by VirusKiller; 2009-11-13 09:33.

Roon Developer and ex-moderator of this Forum
I am #25 in the HH1 photo of fame.
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,816
Likes: 87
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,816
Likes: 87
Originally Posted by VirusKiller
At HH2, Bob and Rhonda weren't concerned about the centre speaker tweeter alignment (for Trifield at least).

VK, I was going to add that too. They seemed very relaxed about the variations in height with centres. I didn't take that to mean you can lay a 7200hc on the floor but 'in the vicinity' would be absolutely fine.

That's been my findings so far too with my 7200 about half way up the height of the 8k's. If you close your eyes you truly can't say "oh that centre sounds a tad low". It's all together perfectly.


Rgds,
Nick


Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,703
Likes: 4
Knows where his towel is
Knows where his towel is
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,703
Likes: 4
It's to do with the dispersion pattern of (mainly) the tweeters. You will have seen on another thread about the small "sweet spot" reported with Sonus Fabers. This is because of the directional characteristics of these units.

Meridian speakers (and my ATCs) are just fine with the centre a bit lower than the main L+R pair. Mine are very well integrated so ,as Nick says, it is pretty much perfect.


Malcolm
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 687
Likes: 2
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 687
Likes: 2
Originally Posted by ncpl
Originally Posted by VirusKiller
At HH2, Bob and Rhonda weren't concerned about the centre speaker tweeter alignment (for Trifield at least).

VK, I was going to add that too. They seemed very relaxed about the variations in height with centres. I didn't take that to mean you can lay a 7200hc on the floor but 'in the vicinity' would be absolutely fine.

That's been my findings so far too with my 7200 about half way up the height of the 8k's. If you close your eyes you truly can't say "oh that centre sounds a tad low". It's all together perfectly.


Sorry if off the main topic, but I'm surprised and maybe a little hopeful reading this. I have vertical 5200s with 5500hc horizontal sitting on a cabinet shelf about 9 inches off the floor and tilted up a bit. The 5500hc definitely limits the sound stage height...just pulls it down. Maybe I have more tweaking to do? JimK


Roon, Technics SL10 turntable, Meridian 218, Jolida tube DAC, Nuforce STA 200 Amp and passive Swallow Acoustics ALS2 speakers
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733
Likes: 88
Don't Panic!
Don't Panic!
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733
Likes: 88
Similar stores coming soon to NY, LA, London, and Abu Dhabi. wink


Roon Developer and ex-moderator of this Forum
I am #25 in the HH1 photo of fame.
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 268
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 268
What Bluray player will the stores sell?

Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,358
Likes: 2
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,358
Likes: 2
Interesting question.


Ex-moderator
Sitting room: dCS Network Bridge, 818v3, HD621, 8kSE
Library: dCS Rossini Apex DAC/Clock, Clearaudio Performance Wood, Audio Research PH2, Mjölnir KGST, Mjölnir PureBipolar
SWMBO Room: 210, D33
Kitchen: RPi/RoonBridge, Genelec 6010 actives
Desk: Merging Anubis
Server: Roon/ROCK/NUC

Headphones: Stax SR-X9000, Stax SR-007, Stax SR-404LE, Audeze LCD-X...

Oldest audio file: 1889 Edison cylinder
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,816
Likes: 87
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,816
Likes: 87
what/who says they will ?


Rgds,
Nick


Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
3 members (Greg Wright, NPJ, Lord Polbrook), 676 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,816
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,204
Posts297,192
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.059s Queries: 40 (0.034s) Memory: 0.8923 MB (Peak: 2.2170 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 11:30:35 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS