I was curious about the USB audio input on the G61/G68 - whether it was asynchronous or adaptive. The only mention in the forum seems to be a similar question:
It seems the USB connection in the G68 is of the fairly basic type and not asynchronous, is there any plan to support 24/96k via Async-USB and/or firewire for Audio?
I wonder if there is any further information about this? I have been following the response to the Ayre QB-9, and am quite surprised - bearing in mind their high standards regarding SPDIF signal quality - that Meridian seem to have missed a trick regarding USB.
Of course, the very large amount of jitter inherent in an adaptive USB connection is no doubt dealt with by Meridian's famously strong jitter rejection, but asynchronous would be a much better start to the whole situation.
(Let's leave aside whether a USB input is valuable: in my particular case it is, extremely so.)
Nic