logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#92855 2009-05-01 12:11
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 39
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 39
Just wanted to say hi and ask for your expert opinions on the wonderful world that is Meridian.

My Wife bought an F80 a couple of years ago on the strength of an impromptu demo at our local dealer. Niether of us could believe that this monsterous sound was coming from such a small semi circular box! She uses it every day and has never once regretted the purchase. I got a few 'Brownie Points' for that one,lol .

I'm in the position now to change my current Hifi mainly because of reliability issues over the last couple of years. I am going to keep my speakers because I still really like thier open neutral sound coupled with an ability to go very deep when required. They are Spendor S9e'e. I've just ordered a G91aDAB and a G57 so my question is has anyone else got a similar setup and have they been happy with it over time? I'm working on the assumption that both of these components are superior to my current Hifi and so should deliver a better sound. Certainly the G91a will be a far better univeral disc spinner than my current Cyrus.


G91A, DSP5200, AC Ryan media streamer
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 959
Pan-dimensional being
Pan-dimensional being
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 959
Dave:

ALthough I can not answer your question as I am not familiar with the G91 rest assured that others here are familiar with it and can / will provide an answer..that said, welcome to the forum and be prepared to open your wallet as this stuff is addictive...



Audio: Triad Monitor Golds, Surround Golds, Silver Subwoofers; Procella P-18 Subwoofer; QSC DCA 16622s, 1644, 3422, BASIS 922uz; ADA MACH IV B
Other: APC S-15s; Crestron
Sources and Video: Ran out of characters .....................
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505
Likes: 78
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505
Likes: 78
Hi Dave, Welcome to the forum, as you`ll soon find out we are a global community on here and it helps all of us to give best advice to know which part of the world your in. Hence, may I suggest you update your profile information?

I`m a DSP convert, like many others on here, so am unable to help you with your question, but rest assured someone here will be able to advise you.

Regards,
Carl.


861v6+ID40, HD621, 8000.2, 7200HC, 7200.2, SKYQ Silver, PS3, PDP-LX6090, QNAP TS870-Pro (8*6TB), Roon, iPadAir2.
[In Reserve] C15, MD600 (2*3TB), TwinStore RM (2*2TB)
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 426
Likes: 18
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 426
Likes: 18
Congratulations on your new purchases!! And a warm welcome to the forum. No doubt there will be times when you will need advice from some of the more experienced M users on this site.

I would really love a G57 to run my Rear speakers, but I think I am going to invest in other areas first. Although I do not have the same G series products as yourself, I am VERY happy with my kit and am now a loyal customer.

You are soon to experience the quality of the products so enjoy!!! your going to be hooked.


Dedicated theater room: 30'x15'x9
11-4-4 Atmos System. Trinnov Altitude16, 271, DSP750 LCR, DSP7200.2, sides, 7200SE Rear, 5200.2 front sides, 4 x 320.2 atmosphere, 4 x 24" GSG Subs, 2 x Stereo Integrity 12000 (6000w per sub each with own 30amp circuit)
JVC NZ900+DCR Lens Projector, Kaleidescape system.
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 4,579
Likes: 22
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 4,579
Likes: 22
Hi Dave

Welcome to the forum. I can't answer your question as I have a completely different rig (DSPs) but just thought I'd let you know that your Spendor S9es are actually Alan Boothroyd designs too!

Cheers

George

Joined: May 2000
Posts: 2,534
Great Green Arkleseizure
Great Green Arkleseizure
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 2,534
Originally Posted by Mr Meridian
... your Spendor S9es are actually Alan Boothroyd designs too!
His engagement must have been limited solely to the design of the speaker grille!


561, DSP5500s, DSP5000C, analog sides and rears
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 39
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 39
Thanks for the welcome guys, I'll let you know how I get on with the new toys when arrive at the end of next week (all being well). Can't wait!

I'm located in Norfolk, England Carl.


G91A, DSP5200, AC Ryan media streamer
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569
Likes: 13
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569
Likes: 13
Dave wecome, but with Meridian comes the prospect of Trifield and Ambisonics, which in time will require you to add more speakers and amps, or miss out (That would be a shame).
So as others have implied, get ready to be poor as it can be addictive.

Cheers, Chris smile

P.S. Norfolk, just up the road then from an Essex boy.


No 18 in the Hall of fame smile I have simple tastes; I am content to settle for the best:
GIK monster bass panels, rear wall. QNAP TVS 471i3. Roon into DSP5200SE via 210/ 218 zone... Explorer 2. Bluesound Pulse 2, Mini & Flex. 596v1, 518, Foxsat HD, Sony BDP, Pioneer 5090, 2 Chromecast's for LRB videos. MS200 to F80 for a Roon zone

Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505
Likes: 78
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505
Likes: 78
Hi again Dave,

Norfolk, If you get to the Fat Cat in Norwich have a pint or to for me :-)

It's in my top 10 of real ale pubs.


861v6+ID40, HD621, 8000.2, 7200HC, 7200.2, SKYQ Silver, PS3, PDP-LX6090, QNAP TS870-Pro (8*6TB), Roon, iPadAir2.
[In Reserve] C15, MD600 (2*3TB), TwinStore RM (2*2TB)

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (Greg Wright), 1,201 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,816
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,203
Posts297,191
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.113s Queries: 33 (0.082s) Memory: 0.8627 MB (Peak: 2.2172 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 07:15:27 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS