|
|
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 19
Harmless
|
|
Harmless
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 19 |
Hi there, Can anyone please tell me if you need to run the Gefen HDMI detective out of the HDMI output from the clux 11sa mod to keep the multi channel audio stream going?
Also, exactly what cable is used to connect the clux with a G68,G61,or 568.2mm. I have read something about a cat 5 or 6 twisted something, and also the "breakout to VGA connector" which are not the same thing. I know the 568.2mm has the multichannel input module (MHR), while the G68 and G61 have the MHR and possibly discrete 3xspdif inputs as well.
Since I already have a clux, and the mod kit, and someone to do the mod, my thoughts are to take my HDMI sources, such as a PS3, and HD-DVR to probably a generic, or octava (smart sync) HDMI switcher, then on to the clux mod, into a 568.2mm, and on to my newly upgraded 24/96 DSP 6000's left and right, my 24/96 dsp5000c that I just received and upgraded the firmware at home from 4.04 to 5.11. Finally the rears are good old m60's.
My non-HDMI sources (Wii, xbox) can just be sent on directly to the video (Samsung HL-67A750) directly, and the audio 568.2mm (or G68, G61) directly. The children are the only ones that do the gaming anyways, and they are pretty good with a little bit of switching.
When you have a moment, can you tell me if this makes sense to any of you, and what other available options would be? I know about the edge, but believe that a generic HDMI switching for under $200 would be better for me since I already have the clux. I do realize that any switcher must be HDMI 1.3 or else you will lose the lossless audio stream. For example, DVDO has many B-stock switchers for $500 to $600 dollars that retailed for up to $3000, however only the edge and the pro-50 are HDMI 1.3 compliant.
Thank you in advance for any advice you may offer.
Rob
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 341
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 341 |
Rob,
" I do realize that any switcher must be HDMI 1.3 or else you will lose the lossless audio stream."
That isn't correct. You only need 1.3 to pass the lossless audio streams in bitstream format. You won't be doing that as you will be decoding in the sources to LPCM and passing that through the switcher to the CLUX. LPCM can be passed on all versions of HDMI though not all equipment may actually support that.
"Can anyone please tell me if you need to run the Gefen HDMI detective out of the HDMI output from the clux 11sa mod to keep the multi channel audio stream going?"
You need an active sink (display) with the CLUX all the time.
The Gefen HDMI Detective is needed if you run into EDID issues with the CLUX. Only getting 2 channels of LPCM or no audio at all from your sources.
If you are planning on having to buy a HDMI switch and a Gefen HDMI Detective consider just going with the Octava instead. It doesn't need the sink, with the 'Static EDID' firmware won't have the EDID problems and has switching built in.
Shawn
.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 19
Harmless
|
|
Harmless
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 19 |
I believe that would be a terrific solution. However, can the octava be modified the same way as the clux? I have the pictures of the clux mod, but not the octava. Any help from you is certainly appreciated Shawn. Rob
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 341
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 341 |
Rob,
Yes, the Octava can be modded. The soldering in the Octava is considerably easier then in the CLUX. Check your email for pics....
Shawn
.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 19
Harmless
|
|
Harmless
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 19 |
Fantastic Shawn, Thank you very much. Rob
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,036 Likes: 15
Pan-dimensional being
|
|
Pan-dimensional being
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,036 Likes: 15 |
check out joe ferdnands post in the restaurant I believe that would be a terrific solution. However, can the octava be modified the same way as the clux? I have the pictures of the clux mod, but not the octava. Any help from you is certainly appreciated Shawn. Rob
596, 568.2mm, 562v2, DSP5Ks smileys+3dB, DSP5500.2HC smiley, DSP420'sx4, DSW1500, LG C8 OLED, SkyQ silver v3+3x mini’s, 3xKef ceiling speakers, 2xMSR+custom keys, Mac Mini. ATV2, vMSR, Amazon FireTV4k, MC200 1TB, HD621, 4xMS200, Oppo 203, Meridian 258, DSP3200’s, AC200,210 Streamer,218 zone controller,Wiim pro x2.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 19
Harmless
|
|
Harmless
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 19 |
I see that Joe is actively trying to determine our needs and will make a turn key 4xspdif octava solution available with the added bonus of "factory" support. I am curious as to how long it will take however.
|
|
|
|
2 members (SpaceJS, JCD),
557
guests, and
2
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums18
Topics31,203
Posts297,191
Members5,503
| |
Most Online4,788 May 22nd, 2026
|
|
|
|