logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Page 9 of 12 1 2 … 7 8 9 10 11 12
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 202
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 202
ot i know , but do the blue Meridian cables come with a g68 in the uk

Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 220
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 220
Neil,

Mine did.
Cheers,

Ed.


G91, G68, 5x DSP33, SW1600, HD621.
Red F80 and dock.
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 2,314
Senior Shouting Officer
Senior Shouting Officer
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 2,314
All I can tell you is I have 36599 items in my itunes library and it does not seem slow to me- and Im not patient.

Ronnie, good points. Supposedly Kaleidescape has a great classical music interface. I have not really tired it though as I tend to listen more to rock type music.


Best regards,
Jerry
Main System: 861v6, DSP8000s in corners, DSP7000s Center and Sides, 1-9 humans.
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 268
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 268
To me quality of audio and video produced is the main issue here. Sooloos is obviously convenient but as this thread states there other good and cheaper options.

a@a early in the thread highlighted this end point quality matter and like me wonders what Sooloos will produce eventually beyound the convenience. He has 8ks and therefore knows the M quality output. I have 7200s with the 808.2 and also know that quality that I cannot compromise for convenience.

After insufficient consideration of a@a RHurley has recently referred to the importance of the quality of the end product with what we see and hear.

The issue is can M with Sooloos produce a playback product with the quality to match or even exceed M's current top components. I hope and expect so, otherwise I will do it "the old way" to maintain the quality and continue to put a disc in their player.

Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,950
Likes: 19
Ian Offline
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,950
Likes: 19
This is obviously good news:

It gives an indication of the financial stability that Meridian believe they have and, more importantly, a third party company believe Meridian have. The accounts of both parties are likely to have come under close scrutiny of both parties, far closer than the guesswork that people on this forum provide.

Both parties are likely to see a benefit of the other party, even if, in the case of Sooloos, it is financial security. For M, it shows their first tangible proof of them embracing server technology.

It opens up the possibility of more choice, especially for those users who, like me, had never heard of Sooloos before.

A Meridian Music server was never going to be cheap. I can only hope that the new collaboration will bring a synergy to entice customers to both product platforms.


Meridian owner since 1992
Prime & PSU, Focal Elear headphones, Roon (ROCK 8Gi5 NUC), Explorer 1 & 2, F80. 200/203, various Sonos (via Roon).
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 37
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 37
Well, this is fantastic news. The Sooloos system is very impressive and surely Meridian will be able to make something extraordinary by adding their audio and transmission skills.
I guess it answers my earlier question about which server system goes best with Meridian.

Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 69
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 69
After having a Sooloos now for a year and a half, I didn't really see it as much as an audiophile component as a way for non audiophiles to enjoy a large music library, which I talked about back in the review. Obviously, plugged into an 808i or 808.2i it's a completely different ballgame!

I think with Meridian behind the Sooloos, it will not only get the benefit of their digital expertise, but the financial backing for this product to remain solid in the years to come.

Having spent a lot of time with quite a few other music servers, I'm as happy with the Sooloos as the day it arrived for review. My wife spent about ten minutes with it (and she is an anti-hifi person, who also loved the DSP7200's) and said "we're buying this thing, right?"

Whenever your wife gets that excited about hifi, it's a good day.


Publisher, TONE Audio Magazine

Control:15, MC200, TwinStore (2-2TB config) MD600 (2-3TB config)
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 435
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 435
OT: Guys, more interested in the movie side of things, than music. Appreciate K is top of the tree at the moment and Sooloos sounds promising. Has anyone had much to do with Nivues Media systems and what are your thoughts? Unfortunately I don't have $15k to splash on a Sooloos or $30k on a K system, but can pick up Niveus for under $8k. I appreciate it is Vista Media Centre, but Niveus appear to be doing some smart things with the interface.

Does anyone have an opinion on the quality of audio and video of a Niveus system and capabilities to fit into a 2.35 video system. Should I keep holding out and hope either Sooloos or K offer a more affordable system? Ideally, I want to be able to store DVD/Blu-Ray and further down the track, downloads.

Apologies for going OT, but thought people reading this thread would be the most knowledgeable audience to answer.

Cheers,

Chris


3x DSP5200 L, R and C (all vertical), 4x Triad Silver in-wall surrounds and 6x Triad Silver in-ceiling ATMOS speakers, Triad Silver subwoofer, Denon AVR-X8500H, JVC DLA-7500 4K projector and Screen Research 120" AT 2.35:1 screen.
Apple TV 4K and Oppo UDP-203 Blu-ray player.
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 2,314
Senior Shouting Officer
Senior Shouting Officer
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 2,314
Chris, you can pick up a K system for 8-10k, have a look over here for people selling them:

http://www.kscapeowners.com/forums/


Best regards,
Jerry
Main System: 861v6, DSP8000s in corners, DSP7000s Center and Sides, 1-9 humans.
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 435
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 435
Thanks Jerry,

... but Im located in Australia and our dollar sucks as a result of the recent economic downturn. Add to the exchange rate, freight, taxes, lack of support etc, USD$10k is more like $AUD20k and will still be further than where I want to be placed. Plus I'd really prefer to be able to rip all movies I own onto the system, Blu-Ray included.

Hence the question about Niveus. I do like the look of Sooloos.

Cheers,

Chris


3x DSP5200 L, R and C (all vertical), 4x Triad Silver in-wall surrounds and 6x Triad Silver in-ceiling ATMOS speakers, Triad Silver subwoofer, Denon AVR-X8500H, JVC DLA-7500 4K projector and Screen Research 120" AT 2.35:1 screen.
Apple TV 4K and Oppo UDP-203 Blu-ray player.
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 425
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 425


G68J, HD621, ...
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 2,534
Great Green Arkleseizure
Great Green Arkleseizure
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 2,534
Left to right it looks like a power supply, standard ITX motherboard and RME soundcard. You could build it for less than $1000.00.

Last edited by Frank; 2009-01-07 15:56. Reason: Cost estimate revised

561, DSP5500s, DSP5000C, analog sides and rears
Page 9 of 12 1 2 … 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 252 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,814
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,202
Posts297,170
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.052s Queries: 40 (0.030s) Memory: 0.8935 MB (Peak: 2.2172 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-06 02:48:19 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS