logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#73476 2008-05-03 00:46
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12
I would like to use a sub with my Meridian 568 utilizing analog connections. Let`s say I set the low-pass sub crossover in 568 to 40 Hz. Does that mean that Meridian 568 will also high-pass filter the main speakers at 40 Hz or the main speakers remain full will range?
thanks
Vadim


568mm
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 8,364
Likes: 14
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 8,364
Likes: 14
It will High pass all speakers set Small.

If you download latest MConfig (even though you can't use it on 568) you can play with it and it will show drawings of how bass is routed on different options. Most of those options are the same in the 568.




- Fiddler (IMHO)

If you think listening to music is fun, try learning an instrument.
HT: G61RSL, 4x5K, 5.5KHC, 2xSC6000, Transporter, HD621, Philips BDP7501 4K, Tivo, 65" LG OLED 4K C6
Computer: Foobar2000, 5K, Mojo, HiFiMan HE1000 V2
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12
George,
Thank you for making it clearer. I looked at the Mconfig, unfortunately I am having trouble using it with my laptop due to USB-port isues. I must fix them! It seems that there is no way to set the speakers to small without the use of the computer, or is there?

Another thing, am I to understand that if I, as an example, set the subwoofer low-pass cross-over to 40 Hz and set all speakers to small, then the Meridian 568 will high-pass all signals going to speakers at 40 Hz? Also do you know what kind of filter does 568 uses? What order? Is it Linkwitz-Ralley?

Thank you,
Vadim


568mm
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 8,364
Likes: 14
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 8,364
Likes: 14
I had thought you could and just glanced at manual and it doesn't look like you can. I thought you could toggle large/small D or large/small A with one of the other buttons. Manual might be slightly out of date with final firmware.

There is also beta firmware for 568.2 but not for 568.

Yes if they are all small they would all be high passed.

I don't remember crossover filter types smile

You should focus on getting you PC working you have much more control.


- Fiddler (IMHO)

If you think listening to music is fun, try learning an instrument.
HT: G61RSL, 4x5K, 5.5KHC, 2xSC6000, Transporter, HD621, Philips BDP7501 4K, Tivo, 65" LG OLED 4K C6
Computer: Foobar2000, 5K, Mojo, HiFiMan HE1000 V2
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12
Yes, I must fix the computer connection. I will. I have another question, - how can I check the firmware version? On a start up it says 1.54, - is this it?


568mm
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 8,364
Likes: 14
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 8,364
Likes: 14
I think you hit display key on remote while in standby.

I think you can hit the display key on front panel too while in standby.



- Fiddler (IMHO)

If you think listening to music is fun, try learning an instrument.
HT: G61RSL, 4x5K, 5.5KHC, 2xSC6000, Transporter, HD621, Philips BDP7501 4K, Tivo, 65" LG OLED 4K C6
Computer: Foobar2000, 5K, Mojo, HiFiMan HE1000 V2
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12
Yes, I did hit the display key and the message says 1.54.
Is this the firmware code?


568mm
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,950
Likes: 19
Ian Offline
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,950
Likes: 19
Yes, your firmware is v1.54. v1.55 is the latest available for the 568 - its on the M software download section. It may not be worth updating - if its not broke etc. The 568.2(mm) has had more recent changes, some of which, v2.5, are very significant changes.

I think you need to use a PC to set up speakers as being large. IIRC, they are effectively all treated as small otherwise and the sub XOVER setting will do the redirect of bass to the sub. Revisiting the manual, it looks like its an all or nothing setting and can't be done on a speaker by speaker basis. I run small all round so this was never a problem for me.


Meridian owner since 1992
Prime & PSU, Focal Elear headphones, Roon (ROCK 8Gi5 NUC), Explorer 1 & 2, F80. 200/203, various Sonos (via Roon).

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,008 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,816
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,203
Posts297,191
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.119s Queries: 31 (0.092s) Memory: 0.8561 MB (Peak: 2.2172 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 05:36:46 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS