|
|
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 47
Mostly harmless
|
|
Mostly harmless
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 47 |
Guys,
I would appreciate a quick reply if possible. I'm heading over to just below London to pick up a car tomorrow and drive to Stranraer for the boat back to Northern Ireland.
My question then...... as I'm driving up through England could I have your recommendations as to which shop I could visit for as good a display, or possibly a good demo of Meridians gear. Would specifically like to hear their inwall stuff, their G series on demo. (The 800 series would be nice too but they arent just so important as they may be a litle out of my reach budget wise !!!) So in your opinion, what is the best Meridian dealer in the country ?????????
Any replies appreciated !!!
Ricky !
Last edited by Ricky; 2007-12-19 17:31.
Lounge : Pioneer 500A , Sky HD, KEF HTS5001.2 Living : Pioneer 600A , Sky HD , Pioneer BDP - LX70 Blue Ray, Meridian M80, Apple TV Bedroom : 508XD, Sky HD Sonos / B&W ceiling speakers throughout the house
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 4,014
Vogon Civil Servant
|
|
Vogon Civil Servant
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 4,014 |
Try Phil Parker at Music Matters in Solihull near Birmingham. They have D7k's and different players and processors there. They also have On Wall speakers at one their other 10 locations. Give them a call
Also Graham's HiFi in London usually have good demo stuff
-
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,816 Likes: 87
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,816 Likes: 87 |
7 Oakes in Reading have 330's on the wall in their projector room. Audio T somewhere had similar. Might be worth checking M's site for dealers and making a few calls before you travel. A clever route might get you 2-3 dealers en route if you're lucky.
Good luck
Rgds, Nick
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 3,140 Likes: 24
Hooloovoo
|
|
Hooloovoo
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 3,140 Likes: 24 |
Grahams don't plan to have their on-/in-walls up until early 2008. www.audio-t.co.uk had them in Swindon recently (based on their website).
In the spirit of Spinaltap, I would like to confirm that I am not involved in the corrupt theft of a global sport.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 47
Mostly harmless
|
|
Mostly harmless
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 47 |
Hi,
Many thanks for the prompt replies guys. The reason I wanted to visit a few dealers is very simply because there is no Meridian dealers in Ireland at present, so I have to make my purchase from a mainland dealer.
I called at Graham's and they wouldnt even let me demo anything without having made an appointment... so thats them off my list. I then stopped at Sevenoak's in Reading. I have to say they were more than helpful, and went out of their way to help me with my requests and ended up spending around three hours there. They certainly would deserve a sale considering the hassle they went to !!!! They are also happy to travel to Ireland for the day to help me with setup and get the best from whatever I purchase.
The reason I have been drawn to Meridian is because of the demo I heard at the ?Bristol show last year. The 800 series and DSP8000's blew me away big time. I thought it was something else. But I was curious what their lower end stuff (if you could call it that) sounded like. Got a demo of the in walls with a G68/G98 combo. They sounded good but didnt give me the WOW factor I got at Bristol. They then also set up two piano black DSP5200's and their matching centre with the same combo. Thankfully their demo room is quite small, and actually very similiar to the size of the room I have to play with. I was immediately impressed with what I heard and indeed would be more than happy with these speakers. I would prefer the look of the DSP7000's but thats way over budget !
If anyone on here running is the same as the above combination I would love to hear your thoughts / comments. My rear surrounds will probably have to be ceiling mounted so maybe your thoughts on my options there guys ?
Options :
1. Stick with Meridian and go 2 way ceiling speakers with a Meridian amp 2. Go with something like B&W signiture 7/8NT's 3. Or please suggest something else which you feel would match my proposed system nicely ?
Also as I didnt have time to get to music matters has anyone had many dealings with Sevenoaks in Reading. Your opinions and thoughts please !!! Do you guys think there are more experienced Meridian dealers out there. And lastly, what should I be expecting as a percentage off list if I were spending say about 15K with a dealer who doesnt know me.
Many thanks !
Lounge : Pioneer 500A , Sky HD, KEF HTS5001.2 Living : Pioneer 600A , Sky HD , Pioneer BDP - LX70 Blue Ray, Meridian M80, Apple TV Bedroom : 508XD, Sky HD Sonos / B&W ceiling speakers throughout the house
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,816 Likes: 87
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,816 Likes: 87 |
7 Oakes Reading get 5 stars from me. I have been buying there since 1997 and they have been excellent throughout. Richard is the manager there. There are stores closer to me than they are but I am happy to go to them despite the distance.
Probably not really appropriate to talk discounts on the forum specifically but, let's just say it always worth the chat.
Good luck
Rgds, Nick
|
|
|
|
3 members (Cyberman, NeilG, bxd),
806
guests, and
3
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums18
Topics31,203
Posts297,191
Members5,503
| |
Most Online4,788 May 22nd, 2026
|
|
|
|