logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#67534 2007-12-18 20:15
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 38
Harmless
Harmless
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 38
Hello to you all. Yet another question.
I made some phantom sources in my G68. The centerspeaker (5200) is controller. One of the phantom sources is DVD and is also called DVD. One DVD-TV combination and one DVD-beamer combination (trigger function lowers down the screen). When I use the MRC+ for the phantom source (via the center) the right source (DVD)is chosen (the screen lowers down). But I can't use the MRC+ to control my G98. That only works with the DVD physical source. Is there any solution when is kept in mind that I really want to keep on using the center as controller.
Greetings, Paul.


G68ADV, G98DH, 7000, 5200, 5200HC, JVC LCD, Samsung HD cable-receiver, Gefen 4x2 HDMI switcher, MIT cables and Logitech Harmony 1000.
Rawlander #67537 2007-12-18 21:59
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,703
Likes: 4
Knows where his towel is
Knows where his towel is
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,703
Likes: 4
A few points I think are correct:

If you have a G68/G98 with DSPs then I think the G68 should be the controller and all the other Meridan kit set to Non-controller.

The G98 can be controlled when it is not selected as the source by pressing the Function key along with the control keys. This transfers the control key functions to the DVD player.

You phantom source may also be configured with some "last valids" so this might be worth a check with Mconfig.


Malcolm
MalcolmW #67539 2007-12-18 22:13
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 501
Likes: 1
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 501
Likes: 1
Hi Paul,

Malcom's is a good answer, but there is a possible other cause. If your DVD button is the third across, then that's hard-wired as a DVD IR code in the MSR+. Your phantom probably won't be. You'll need to program that button on your MSR to drive a Meridian DVD player.

I just took a look at the MSR+ manual to get you the code, but ironically it's not there!

I'm sure Meridian support can tell you the code or failing that you can do the auto program thing, or even learn them. As Malcom says, hitting FN-DVD will switch your MSR into sending Meridian DVD codes until you next press a source key.

Cheers,

Mark.


861v8, DSP5200, DSP5200HC, DSP5000mk2, UHD722, MF10, Prime, Prime PSU
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 501
Likes: 1
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 501
Likes: 1
Oh, and remember that buttons 1 and 2 (CD and Radio) are hard-wired as Meridian CD and Radio. I use mine for my Movie and Music phantoms.


861v8, DSP5200, DSP5200HC, DSP5000mk2, UHD722, MF10, Prime, Prime PSU
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 38
Harmless
Harmless
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 38
Malcolm and Mark,
Thanks for your replies. Malcolm's answer doesn't do the job, because a want to use the center as controller (my system includes G68, G98, 7000's front and 5200's for rears and center). The reason for that is that the G68 is a bit out of reach if i'm watching a movie. Pressing function and control keys doesn't work. I didn't look at Mconfig yet. I could live with using function/control keys, but as said is doesn't work. I will ask Meridian support.
Paul.


G68ADV, G98DH, 7000, 5200, 5200HC, JVC LCD, Samsung HD cable-receiver, Gefen 4x2 HDMI switcher, MIT cables and Logitech Harmony 1000.
Rawlander #67651 2007-12-20 20:41
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,815
Likes: 87
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,815
Likes: 87
You need a 512 IR sender. This allows the G68 to remain out of sight but the MSR commands get straight to it via the IR comms link from a 512.

One day, we may even have a 512 with a display so you can even tell what the G68 is doing (I wish !!!!!!)


Rgds,
Nick



Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
3 members (Grole, rjek, swpnt), 265 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,815
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,202
Posts297,182
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.049s Queries: 27 (0.022s) Memory: 0.8478 MB (Peak: 2.2172 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-08 12:55:43 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS