|
|
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 254
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 254 |
Gents
Could somebody tell me if a 568 upgraded to the .2 version has identical electronics to a genuine 568.2?
Regards Gary
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,815 Likes: 87
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,815 Likes: 87 |
yes...as far I know in terms of what is req'd to enable all the functionality that you'd expect at .2 Whether every single individual piece was the same ? Who can tell. Much as you wouldn't know whether something changes mid-way through a product lifecycle. Are you hatching a modififcation for a .2mm then  ?
Rgds, Nick
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 267
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 267 |
Gary,
My 568 (original owner) was upgraded to 568.2 (no mm) and is running the latest beta software.
If there is anything you want me to check, just let me know.
George
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 254
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 254 |
Thanks guys. My 568.2 is an upgraded 568, my old Wadia 27ix was an upgraded Wadia 27 which I subsequently discovered had the Burr-Brown 1702 DACs rather than the later 1704 DACs as fitted to the genuine 27ix so I was just curious to know if Meridian's upgrade was indeed a full upgrade, if it wasn't then I'd be inclined to acquire the later version. Nick, I couldn't possibly comment on modifications, they're all snake oil, aren't they? Regards Gary
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,560 Likes: 1
Working on the ultimate question
|
|
Working on the ultimate question
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,560 Likes: 1 |
From what I remember the upgrade replaced every board in the 568. It should not sound any different.
Ron
HT: 568.2mm (Revelation One filter), 518x2, SB3, Bryston 7BSTx3, 8BST, Aerial 10T, CC3, SW12(Qty2) w/SVS AS-EQ1, MK Tripole x4. JVC RS1u, DVDO Duo, Oppo 103 w/Vanity103HD, Sony PS3, VIP 3D Theatre, Acer H5360. Logitech Ultimate Remote and Hub.
|
|
|
|
Forums18
Topics31,203
Posts297,190
Members5,503
| |
Most Online4,788 May 22nd, 2026
|
|
|
|