logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 639
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Offline
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 639
Somewhere a little while back, I lost the abilbity to stream from the AE to my G68j- I ignored as I was off doing other projects; Back on it now as I prepare for another major project.

To test for the problem, I now am connected directly from my Intel Mac to the G68 inputs - no sounds period. It's behaving as if there a format issue as the G68 doesn't respond at all; I've tried 3 different cables; re-routed from the optical input (O3) to the coax (D11) (using a CO2 converter out of the mac) - still nothing; Swapped inputs realtime to the DVD player and that works fine, so it's like the mac output is a format not recognized;

In the mac preferences, it acknowledges the digital cable and properly switches to digital output (from internal speakers);

Playing via iTunes, it should be simply a pcm digital out on the mini-optical right; I'm sure it's some stupid thing I'm not setting... but never had this problem before...

any ideas are welcome...

thanks
ken

Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 340
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 340
Ken :

Is iTunes showing your AirPort Extreme Base Station in it's dropdown menu ?


Holtz'.

Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 639
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Offline
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 639
yes - it shows the AE base station and allows me to select it;

When the base station wouldn't work, I decided to bypass the wireless and AE altogether in an effort to isolate the problem; So now, I'm connected direct wired with iTunes selected output as Computer for the direct connection; When even that didn't work, I started down the cable swap and input swap path I described with still no results...

Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 117
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 117
Have you set the volume within iTunes and in the menubar to something close to max?

Harry

Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 639
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Offline
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 639
sns - thanks for that - you're right that actually can work for resetting the base station, but I'm now completely bypassed on the wireless - I'm plugged directly from the laptop into the G68 via toslink...

Harry - Yes - I set the iTunes volume and the system volume all the way (your right done that one before! smile ); When I unplug the mini-toslink from the laptop - the audio immediately blares out the computer speakers as it switches to that output - so I know it's actually playing;

This is a real stumper -thanks for the thoughts guys...

ken

Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 206
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 206
i also had trouble with the optical inputs on my 68. have you tried them with a different source? i played around with my source settings and eventually it started working. i have even more fun with it now as with the g91 the settings seem to randomly swap about every couple of months.


861v6, G91, DSP8000, DSP5500HC, DSP5000s rears, HTPC, PS3, 2x AppleTV, 4x Airport Express
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,703
Likes: 4
Knows where his towel is
Knows where his towel is
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,703
Likes: 4
There was a problem with optical input settings with Mconfig that was fixed on the last release (or the one before). They kept reverting to last valid and you had to set them manually using the front panel wizard. Check the release notes.


Malcolm
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 639
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Offline
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 639
OK, I'll check that out ; however I tried switching from optical to coax via a converter also without success, which somehow points to the mac output - Tried a second laptop - same results... jeeezzz;

I'll try a different optical in via Mconfig though - thanks guys..

ken

Joined: May 2000
Posts: 8,364
Likes: 14
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 8,364
Likes: 14
Use the sticky music server thread please.


- Fiddler (IMHO)

If you think listening to music is fun, try learning an instrument.
HT: G61RSL, 4x5K, 5.5KHC, 2xSC6000, Transporter, HD621, Philips BDP7501 4K, Tivo, 65" LG OLED 4K C6
Computer: Foobar2000, 5K, Mojo, HiFiMan HE1000 V2

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 97 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,815
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,202
Posts297,181
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.064s Queries: 32 (0.036s) Memory: 0.8572 MB (Peak: 2.2161 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-08 04:09:56 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS