logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#48676 2006-12-25 21:38
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,332
Working on the ultimate question
Working on the ultimate question
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,332
I got an iPod for X-Mas,now how do I hook up my iPod to my 861...... eek



#48677 2006-12-25 22:00
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 419
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 419
Why iPod? Why not SB3 or iTunes?

#48678 2006-12-25 22:30
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 202
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 202
The airport express has a wired audio connection to your 861. You can use Itunes as a source.


G68J, HD621, Oppo 103d, 3xDSP5000, 2xM60 Rears, D2500, Linn LP12, Nova Phenomena phono amp
Brad
#48679 2006-12-26 01:09
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 702
Likes: 13
ISB Offline
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 702
Likes: 13
Analogue in from the headphone to RCA cable sold by Apple and others would be a quick solution, though doubtless of lower fidelity than avoiding the iPod's DtoA.

Cheers, Ian


Cheers, Ian

1: Roon on Mac Studio, G-Drive 10TB, 818v3, 7200.2, UHD722, LG 77G4
2. 808.6, 8kSE
3. 218, 3200's
4: Rivian R1T - 18 speaker 1200W Elevation by Meridian premium sound system
5. G68ADV (croaked), G98DH (also croaked), [HD621, Syles SL-S/PDIF, MD600 (2*4TB), QNAP 469L (4*3TB), MS200], Ayre MX-R Twenties, TBD
#48680 2006-12-26 01:41
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,332
Working on the ultimate question
Working on the ultimate question
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,332
Thanks guys. I guess I have to buy an Airport Express device thing and a card too for each Apple I have in the house.Correct?..
I have an IMAC and a MiniMac..



#48681 2006-12-26 01:43
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,332
Working on the ultimate question
Working on the ultimate question
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,332
Quote
Originally posted by Arcade:
Why iPod? Why not SB3 or iTunes?
I was given an iPod as a gift.I thought I could try it with my M gear.



#48682 2006-12-26 03:11
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 419
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 419
No, one Airport Express connected to your Meridian 861, is all you need.

I would choose one Mac as your music server and encode CDs to this computer using iTunes Apple Lossless and error correction.

I prefer the SB3, as the Aiport Express doesn't have a display for selecting music.

#48683 2006-12-26 08:15
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,950
Likes: 19
Ian Offline
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,950
Likes: 19
If you get an iPod dock cradle, you can permanently connect the cradle to the 861 via a cheap analogue cable (think its 3.5mm stereo to 2 x phono) - you don't have to use the apple branded cables. Not best quality though but are you really going to notice the difference with an iPod? You can get it to charge at the same time.


Meridian owner since 1992
Prime & PSU, Focal Elear headphones, Roon (ROCK 8Gi5 NUC), Explorer 1 & 2, F80. 200/203, various Sonos (via Roon).
#48684 2006-12-26 12:42
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,332
Working on the ultimate question
Working on the ultimate question
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,332
I think I would go with the Airport Express because I can take advantage of iTunes's Lossless scheme.



#48685 2006-12-26 13:03
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 2,606
Great Green Arkleseizure
Great Green Arkleseizure
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 2,606
That's the point I was going to make. Use Apple Lossless.

When I steal the iPod, I use my own iTunes and store everything in Lossless. It's a nice travel based music solution.

For streaming to the M kit, I use a Roku Photobridge.

Cheers,


Surround Music Fan/Computer Geek/Curmudgeon in training.
---
861v4, HD621, Panasonic BD-P55K, Toshiba HD-A35, Oppo HD990, Dish Network 622, Pioneer DV-668AV-S w/ DVD Upgrades mod, EW Fontaine II (x5), Velodyne DD-15 (x2), Seymour AV Ice blocks (x7)
#48686 2006-12-26 15:05
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 27
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 27
Hey John can you please let us know how to steal an iPod. I need one too.


I love All Meridian Gear.
#48687 2006-12-26 17:17
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 419
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 419
FYI, I am using iTunes/Apple Lossless with my SB3.

Lossless files are FAT. Each CD requires ~400-500MB.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,171 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,816
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,203
Posts297,191
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.102s Queries: 39 (0.074s) Memory: 0.8792 MB (Peak: 2.2172 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-10 21:32:46 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS