logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#46986 2006-11-18 13:59
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 28
DE
Offline
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 28
Greetings all. This is my 1st post after having bought a G91 through this site just over a month ago. I'm using the G91 in a 2 channel analogue setup, with the G91's analogue outputs into a Linn amplifier driving Linn speakers.

I'm generally happy with the setup, and it is sonically a huge improvement on the Cyrus Dad3 I've had since my student days. However, a few problems (pops and clicks from the speakers on startup, when changing sources and when navigating menus/chapters on DVDs; intermittent temporary audio failure during extended listening periods) have prevented me from giving a full thumbs-up and beginning to look into DSP speakers as I had originally planned. To date I've used on-screen setup rather than Mconfig, and I'm hoping that the more comprehensive setup options available in Mconfig will solve some of my problems, but as a Mac user I've not been able to sort this out yet. I've followed the recent Mac thread with great interest, and will look into this soon.

A more immediate concern, though, is the problem I've had trying to connect my Xbox 360 to the G91. The video side is working fine, with the 360 linked into the component inputs on the back of G91. The audio has me stumped. I've tried to configure the source with Audio Input set to A1, A2 and A3 analogue inputs, at each of the 4 voltage sensitivity options. The best I've been able to get is highly distorted right channel only audio through A1. A2 and A3 give no sound at all. Am I missing something blindingly obvious here? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

DE


MD600-->818-->very insecure DSP3100s
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 4,579
Likes: 22
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 4,579
Likes: 22
Hi DE

Welcome to the forum. Is the X-box giving a proper two channel output into any other equipment? Do you have any other amp, set of PC speakers, etc which you could use to verify the output?

Does the X-box have an optical digital output which you could configure on the G91 instead? If it does, that would actually be preferable anyway.

I don't have a G91 myself, so can't offer first hand advice, but it does sound like a configuration issue. The best option is to try to borrow an old laptop from someone to properly run Mconfig. If you think that you will be increasing your Meridian kit in future, buying an old laptop is definitely a good idea.

Cheers

George

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 28
DE
Offline
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 28
Hi George. Thanks for the welcome, and the suggestions.

I've not tried checking the audio output on the xbox. I had assumed that the xbox would be fine since its fairly new, while the G91 is a couple years old, but you're right to point out I may not have identified the correct source of the problem.

And I've been postponing the inevitable wrangle with mconfig, but its time I took the plunge.

rgds

DE


MD600-->818-->very insecure DSP3100s

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 478 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,815
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,203
Posts297,190
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.057s Queries: 20 (0.018s) Memory: 0.8274 MB (Peak: 2.2172 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-09 20:46:54 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS