|
|
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,467 Likes: 1
Working on the ultimate question
|
|
Working on the ultimate question
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,467 Likes: 1 |
You wll have to send your 800v3 to Meridian to get it to v4 - don't know what the cost is as I got my 800 new as a v4. what I can tell you is that the 800 v4 does have the capability to accept video inputs (composite, component, and s-video - although i have not done it myself, I assume it then outputs these though the HDMI output?) so you would not need to buy a used 562.
My Kit: 861v8+ID41, 800v4, UHD722, MD600, MS600, MS200, Oppo BDP-203, Genesis 201, Genesis 350 SE, Genesis S4-8 Sub, BG 520i, VTL MB450 II, Krell Showcase 7, Genesis 928 Subs, Danley DTS10 sub, SVS Ultra 16 subs.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 2,314
Senior Shouting Officer
|
|
Senior Shouting Officer
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 2,314 |
bebop, Do you know how the MF1 does 2.35:1? Is it with a special lens or is it just software?
best regards, Jerry
Best regards, Jerry Main System: 861v6, DSP8000s in corners, DSP7000s Center and Sides, 1-9 humans.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 8
Harmless
|
|
Harmless
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 8 |
Jerry,
The MF1 will do 2.35:1 but only with a 1.33 lens like the ISCO III. You press "Letterbox" on the remote and the scaler will squeeze the image and the lens will optically correct it for 2.35 format.
What's up Bebop? :-)
-Chris
Excessive? Never. Emotion counts more than convention. It's not a question of need, it's a question of want.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 2,314
Senior Shouting Officer
|
|
Senior Shouting Officer
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 2,314 |
Thanks Chris and welcome to the site. What if you want to watch a 1.85:1 movie, does the lens move out of the way and the scaler go back to a "normal" 16x9 mode? Very cool stuff. PS- don't forget your towel! best regards, Jerry
Best regards, Jerry Main System: 861v6, DSP8000s in corners, DSP7000s Center and Sides, 1-9 humans.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 8
Harmless
|
|
Harmless
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 8 |
Thanks for the welcome. As for 1.85:1, I'm not sure about the lens. I have the MF1 and lens right now but it is not all setup. My MF1 is currently just sitting on a tall cabinet with thick pieces of foam underneath the projector (the pj needs to be ran inversed and I don't want to scratch it). My screen just arrived at my home today but won't be setup until tomorrow (hopefully, if everything goes smoothly) so I can't really tell you. The lens is NOT automated or controlled electronically. ISCO does have a motorized mount but it costs as much as the lens itself so I passed on it. I will be implementing a manual sliding mechanism for the lens though. I might pick up the motorized slider later on maybe (thing is mighty expensive for what it is). The cool thing though is that I got a 2-way horizontal masking screen so the masking controller is setup with presets for all the major formats, ie. 4:3, 16:9/1.78:1, 1.85:1, 2.35:1. It is a 2.35 screen though. I wanted the constant height setup. I will let you know within a week or two though. Just give me some time to play around with it.
Towel? It didn't matter. lol.
Best regards, Chris
Excessive? Never. Emotion counts more than convention. It's not a question of need, it's a question of want.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,467 Likes: 1
Working on the ultimate question
|
|
Working on the ultimate question
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,467 Likes: 1 |
Do any of you know whether the 800v4 can do the 'vertical squeeze' necessary for a 2.35:1 conversion anamorphic lens?
thx!
Simon
My Kit: 861v8+ID41, 800v4, UHD722, MD600, MS600, MS200, Oppo BDP-203, Genesis 201, Genesis 350 SE, Genesis S4-8 Sub, BG 520i, VTL MB450 II, Krell Showcase 7, Genesis 928 Subs, Danley DTS10 sub, SVS Ultra 16 subs.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 8
Harmless
|
|
Harmless
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 8 |
Simon,
I don't believe so although I could be wrong. As far as I know, the only thing you could set 800v4 for is 4:3, 16:9/1.78:1, and native format. It's just so that you can match the output format on the 800v4 to your display device.
Excessive? Never. Emotion counts more than convention. It's not a question of need, it's a question of want.
|
|
|
|
0 members (),
1,008
guests, and
2
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums18
Topics31,203
Posts297,191
Members5,503
| |
Most Online4,788 May 22nd, 2026
|
|
|
|