|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 416
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 416 |
I'm new to subwoofer setup and have a few ?'s:
- I have the G68AXV, and my sub has single-ended inputs only, one for LFE, and a L/R set; what's my best bet here? Should I get a cable that has XLR on one end and RCA on the other and use the balanced sub out on the G, or is there a way to configure some of the additional single-ended outs for the sub? Not clear from the manual to me.
- Any advice on using the sub/sine/sens routine?
- Any other advice?
Thanks all.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,492
Senior Shouting Officer
|
|
Senior Shouting Officer
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,492 |
I had the same problem. M advised me to obtain an XLR to phono adapter from Maplins. Worked perfectly for me. The adapter was inexpensive (I did get it from Maplins if I remember correctly) and you can then run a standard screened phono cable to your sub (usually you only need one - either left or right or the LFE depending on your preference). (Much less expensive than a long XLR cable).
Use your ears rather than your meter to set the sub level would be my only other advice.
Cliff
Main system - Sources (Kodi-HTPC, Vero 4k, FireTV, Sat) into Trinnov Altitude 32 (8-16) (+Roon), Trinnov Amplitude 8 amp & Vivid Audio (Giya G3, V1.5) and REL Stentor III speakers. Others: F80 + Raspberry Pi and other Pi systems.
|
|
|
|
Forums18
Topics31,202
Posts297,179
Members5,503
| |
Most Online4,788 May 22nd, 2026
|
|
|
|
|
|